New Years Day @ Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Cool.

Thanx Bob.

I finally got a couple pictures from the NYD dive to upload.

Here's Ber with her snazzy new boat coat.

And since she wasn't wearing her surface ears for the photo, I prepared this artist's rendering.

Notso ken took some video. I don't believe it hit 30 degrees at all today; had the temp been about 10 degrees higher, I think I would have done another dive. All in all, a great way to start out 2009. Happy New Year to all.

Yes, I shot a 20 minute video from descent down to the tubes, thru them, back to the helicopter, thru it, thru the plane, and back to the dock,

I had 21 before we went in the water, then 40 in the water the whole time, then 25 when we got back on the surface.

It was a lot of fun :)
I couldn't get my BC cummerbund to fasten while wearing my dry gloves so Ken tried to help me. He had his gloves on as well and just couldn't get the velcro to come together. I noticed Denny didn't have his gloves on yet so I asked him to help. It took a lot of tugging and comments like "Geez, I don't think I'm going to be able to get this together" but he finally managed to get the cummerbund velcro to hold together long enough to get the other strap clipped so I had the BC fastened at my waist. We didn't even attempt the chest strap.

Since I donned my dry gloves because my hands were half frozen before gearing up I had to have Ken and Steve practically dress me to dive. John, Denny and I had a nice dive just cruising around. They had me lead so we moseyed around in the shallows because my sinuses were not fit for heading to the tubes with Ken and Steve. I was a little cold but not terribly uncomfortable for the whole dive which is amazing for me. I think that's the longest cold water dive I've ever done. I couldn't believe my dive time was almost double what Ken and Steve did, Ken usually dives twice as long in a wetsuit and he was diving dry for New Years. I may have gotten too fat for my gear but the extra fat layer is indeed warmer :rofl:

Ken said he was going to the bath house to change as I was stripping down to my long undies while standing on a rug behind my car. I told him if I was 10 years older and had as much sense as he has I would probably do the same but for now I'll continue to peel out of my warm drysuit undies while standing in the cold and wind :D

Ber :lilbunny:

I don't know, almost sounds like . . . . I don't know . . .

Maybe I'm just too much of a gentleman . . .

Ken

Forgot to ask... When did you get the clubman? Who do you like it?

vr

JC

It's 2009, ordered it this past summer, picked it up in early October. You ight remember the accident I had in my Contour - well, it was never the same after the repairs. So, I needed a replacement that would handle two people on a week long dive trip, and carry the pop up canopy, like the Contour did. Well, my Mini wouldn't do that, so looked around, and decided to try out the "bigger" Mini. Took the canopy with me to test drive the Clubman, and it fit inside. So, I ordered one. Handles my scuba gear better than the smaller Mini, but I don't think it will handle 2 people for a week long dive trip. 1 diver and 1 non-diver, yeah, but I don't think 2 divers. But, its great to drive around. Choby, I'm surprised you haven't seen it around work. Been driving it to work quite a bit since I got it.

KEn

And since she wasn't wearing her surface ears for the photo, I prepared this artist's rendering.

You and I need to go for a drive...a very LONG drive...into the country :D

I don't know, almost sounds like . . . . I don't know . . .

Maybe I'm just too much of a gentleman . . .

KEn

And THAT'S what I love about you! :kiss2:

You and I need to go for a drive...a very LONG drive...into the country :D

I do that every day! It's called a commute. Besides, with ears like those, I'm not sure you have room for passengers... :D

I do that every day! It's called a commute. Besides, with ears like those, I'm not sure you have room for passengers... :D

I have plenty of room for you on the hood :rofl3: Get back to work!

I finally got a couple pictures from the NYD dive to upload.

Here's Ber with her snazzy new boat coat.

Isn't that one of those red coated Wabbits which are indigenous to the Dayton Ohio Area??

Greetings fellow cold water lovers! We arrived in Ottawa early but did not realize McDonalds did not open till 8:00 am. After our grab and growl we got there around 8:30.
I missed the red coat up close but witnessed it from dock #1!
The weather was great, so so much nicer than last year. We found the exit from the water to be the most dangerous part! SLIPPERY!! My doubles were as nervous as I was!
My buddy fwfd601 and I did two dives and had a blast.
My first dry glove dive on the second and obviously not my last.
Congratulations to all the faithful, brave, brothers and sisters!
Have a safe diving 2009 and I look forward to the next M&G!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom