New Years dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it was the 14 dives at WBP in 8 weeks...maybe a new spot...

Mike

I had that weird feeling about the New years dive this year. Something in the air just didn't feel right (so to speak). Diving has not been as enjoyable as it was in years past either. I'm not sure what has happened. None of the "old" dive budies are really active anymore.

I remember a few years ago even before we had the Lake Lanier Looney birds forum the only stuff ever posted in the Deep Dixie Divers was us Looney Birds. On any given week one of us was diving Lanier and posting reports with Time, Temp, Depth and Viz...oh yea, and pictures, pictures, pictures. We all seemed to meet up and dive alot back then. I don't know what happened to everyone (this includes me)! Kyle P Reid, Coragan, ScubaPT, etc. was always on the forum and we always seemed to meet up and have the old "Dive and Dine" each month. We used to all trek over to the quarry's and actually went to PCB and the springs when someone just posted it up on the forums. I don't know what happened.

My resolution for 2008 is to get out more and dive and enjoy time with old friends and make some new dive buddies.

Hope to see you all in the water soon,

Jeremy

Sorry I have been a stranger guys, been real busy with work and trying to finish the house. Im up for a promotion at work and I may be heading off to memphis, tn. I wont be sure for a few more weeks though. Sorry you guys didn't get together for the annual dive, this is usually when we have the most fun together. Well you know, blowing some cold bubbles, making fun of the wet divers shivering their butts off, cooking up some good food, and just hanging out. I hope everyone had a great christmas and a safe and happy new year. I want to do some dives soon, I just don't know when i'll have the free time, and Im really not looking forward to getting cold just yet. So everyone enjoy your upcoming dives, blow lots of bubbles, and dive safe.

Kyle

Guys,

My most sincere apologies for not being there.

My Dad, 87 yrs., is very ill and I've been down in Eatonton for the past several days.

the K

Well Ciff and I showed up at 9:30 got in the water viz suxed and hung out till 11:40 and nobody else showed. John Armstrong showed for a little surface suport but that was it. If dive time was 12:00 people shouldhave been there by the time we left. What happened. Tim
:(:(

If you had posted the 9:30 time I would have been there waiting.12:00 is to late to start diving if you have a 2 hour ride to get home.

Hey K sorry to hear about your dad hope everything is alright lets us know if we can do anything for you. Tim

K

Sorry to hear about your Dad, best wishes there.

Jeremy (perhaps you could fork this off to another thread)

I second Mike Aults respsonse. I dove WBP most every weekend for the first 7 months of the year, with a couple of side trips to ABWA, Keowee, and that awful hole of zero viz just north of us. Frankly, looking at the same woodpile, platform, and bucket of rocks gets pretty boring, and that's when the viz is good enough to see them! The dives we've done off Marks boat have been better, simply because its provided us different places to dive (MUCH thanks Mark, I hope I'm not the only one who kicks in for gas). However now the ramps are closed and Lanier is a dump to dive in.

I for one would like to get back close to the level of diving I did in the first part of 07, at least one and preferably 2 weekends a month. What would be better for me, in the interest of keeping things interesting, and in continuing to learn, is changing what those dives look like. Rather than diving Lanier over and over, I would love to see us traveling as a group to places a little further - still within "there and back again in one day" distances mostly. I would commit to one weekend a month trips to places a little further afield. I'd also commit to the occasional overnight, such as NC/SC boat diving. I'm also looking for dives to become a little more challenging. One thing that would get me interested in diving Lanier is doing some "exploration" type dives, looking for some of the underwater structures on the fishermans map for example. The dive we did a few weeks ago on the dairy was interesting simply because it was something new. Doing the same dive spot over and over without purpose looses its interest quickly. One of the driving reasons for the "map wbp" project I floated over the summer was to have a purpose in the dive, and possibly to find new things. Ed and I found a new woodpile "off the beaten track" in WPB, and we also found a sunken boat. I got a lot of response on here, but not a lot of response when it came time to dive :)

I would be willing to help organize some group day trips if people are willing to commit, I just don't want to be handling anyone's money.

Sorry to hear about your dad K, we all wish him the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom