Newbee Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usbcarters

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my open water certification in April. Interested in doing some diving out at Lake Pleasant to get some bottom time under my belt. Can anyone tell me a good area to shore dive from and how the temperature and visability runs this time of year?

Sue

Howdy Sue!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

If you'll use the Search feature for "Arizona," you should be able to find some more experienced local divers to go with you...!!

don

:D

usbcarters:
Just got my open water certification in April. Interested in doing some diving out at Lake Pleasant to get some bottom time under my belt. Can anyone tell me a good area to shore dive from and how the temperature and visability runs this time of year?

Sue

Hi Sue, Welcome to the last frontier. You are embarking upon one of the oldest sports in the world.
Have fun and DIVE SAFELY.

Joe

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

Sue,
I unfortunately haven't gone diving in Lake Pleasant yet but I hear it is supposed to be one of the clearest lakes in the Phoenix area (probably not saying much). I have only gone diving in Saguaro Lake. However, I would love to hear about your diving experience in Lake Pleasant as I am going to try and dive there this summer.

Dave

usbcarters:

Sue

Hi Sue and Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy diving as much as I do. I come to Phoenix from time to time. I am interested in hearing more about Lake Pleasant. Might have to try it while I'm there sometime.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

Made it to Lake Pleasant this past Sunday. The visibility was about 20 feet at a depth of 30 feet. We were at the "Dirty Shirt" Cove. When you enter the park the folks will give you a map of the lake so you'll be able to find it. Plan on going again sometime this weekend. Will let you know if I note any changes. If you want to let me know the next time your in town, you are welcome to join us.
Sue

Back
Top Bottom