Newbie, dry suit questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Jay

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i am new to scuba board. I recently finished all my certs and am looking to get into a dry suit for wreck dives off NJ. Unfortunately i am on a budget. I have amassed a wealth of other used scuba gear. Zeagle BS, Zeagle Tech 50D Reg, console with computer, etc. Now its time for a suit.

I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the Bare CD4 dry.

What do you think about the suit?
Quality?
Service & Repair?

Price? (My friend is looking to get around $400, too steep?)

Any input would be appreciated.

Big Jay:
Price? (My friend is looking to get around $400, too steep?)
$400?? For a drysuit? In good condition? Zipper good? I don't know anything about this suit but if it is in good conditon and it fits grab it.

$400, you may get an Oneil drivesuit. Bare CD4 is more than $600. My friend got a used bare XCD2 tech from ebay for $650. You may have to look for a used one.

check out divetank.com, they have some of teh best prices i've seen on the bare drysuits, it'll give you an idea what it would all cost new..if it fits, stays dry, and is in good condition, then why not?

scubahorse:
$400, you may get an Oneil drivesuit. Bare CD4 is more than $600. My friend got a used bare XCD2 tech from ebay for $650. You may have to look for a used one.
I think you misread my question, but you answered it anyway. The price he is offering me the used CD4 is $400, so in other words, a good deal.

Bare makes a good product. $400 is a good price for that suit (Divetank.com sells it new for $949) assuming it is relatively new and in good condition.

You might find a CD4 or another drysuit cheaper on Ebay, but those you can't try on or inspect up close. If it fits, and is in good shape, buy it. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom