Newbie equipment list.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used a Sola 2000. It was a nice light, for sure. But, I wouldn't buy one. Mainly because you can't swap out the battery. If you forget to charge it, it got accidentally turned on in your dive bag, or whatever, you are just screwed. Plus, I can get lights that I like a lot (what I linked before) for WAY less money.

So here's my current BC set-up:

Used a couple Tactical Tailor M4 mag pouches and attached them to the cummerbund of the BBC. Using one for my flashlight, the other will be used for other tools/equipment as necessary.

Put my scissors up here. I'm not 100% happy with the placement. I wish the ranger had the ability to place things vertically using the molle but it will work for now.

Unfortunately for my wife's Zena BC, there aren't as many attachment options. I was hoping someone might chime in with some suggestions for equipment placement on the Zena.

Attachments

• IMG_2260.PNG
    IMG_2260.PNG
    521.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2259.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 67
Put my scissors up here. I'm not 100% happy with the placement. I wish the ranger had the ability to place things vertically using the molle but it will work for now.

Slip a 2" long sleeve of bicycle inner tube over your shoulder strap, then use the trauma shears pouch molle clip through that to hold it vertically.

I would probably try tying some bungee loops through the loops on the shoulder strap before I would go with zip ties.

As for tanks, we are definitely interested in getting our own. But I feel like it's opening Pandora's Box so to speak. So many different ones and so many different uses for the different sizes. I know we want HP steel. And when we get our nitrox certification we want to have the option to fill with either nitrox or [air]. The other thing is size. My wife and I are going to be dive buddies but we both have very different physical sizes and [gas] consumption. I'm 6'2" 330lbs and she is 5'2" 100lbs soaking wet. And she seems to use about 65% of the amount of [air] I use. So I think she could definitely go smaller (the AL80s we used for our OW cert were big for her) and I'm fine with the size of the AL80 or maybe even a little bigger would be no problem for me.

Hi Chris

Depends what you're going to do with them. If you only plan to use your own cylinders rarely then you probably one one AL63 and one AL80. They are cheap and are what you will encounter most frequently when the dive operator provides cylinders.

If you will be diving your own cylinders regularly, bringing them with you on most dives even when rental cylinders are available, HP steels are a good choice. I would suggest getting an HP80 (or two) for your wife. It will be shorter and lighter than an AL80. Then you could get an HP100 (or two) for yourself. It will be roughly the same size and weight as an AL80. I would think you would want to start with two per person.

You could conceivably dive an HP120 but the extra air will not do you much good, since with proper gas planning your dives will be limited by the gas your wife is carrying.

Hi Chris

Depends what you're going to do with them. If you only plan to use your own cylinders rarely then you probably one one AL63 and one AL80. They are cheap and are what you will encounter most frequently when the dive operator provides cylinders.

If you will be diving your own cylinders regularly, bringing them with you on most dives even when rental cylinders are available, HP steels are a good choice. I would suggest getting an HP80 (or two) for your wife. It will be shorter and lighter than an AL80. Then you could get an HP100 (or two) for yourself. It will be roughly the same size and weight as an AL80. I would think you would want to start with two per person.

You could conceivably dive an HP120 but the extra air will not do you much good, since with proper gas planning your dives will be limited by the gas your wife is carrying.

I'm thinking 2 tanks for each of us to start. We'll be able to drive to go dive places since we live in Florida and there is much to do that is within a half day to a day's drive from us. Probably start with 2x HP80s for her and 2x HP100s for me. Perhaps a couple of HP120s later.

yeah it has a lanyard hole, you can take the head off and hang as a light when camping also..
Put the light in video mode by simply attaching your light to one of our camera tray arms, then sliding your lens to 100° beam angle. Accepts either AA alkaline batteries (not included) or lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Includes lanyard, 26650 Li-ion battery, charger, & USB cable.

Fusion 1000 FUS1000

Light Output (lumens) 1000

Beam Angle 12-100° Zoom Beam Angle

Depth rating 328ft / 100m

Weight 17 oz. / 485 g

Switch Slide with Multi function operation

Dimensions 7 x 1.9 inch

Battery Type Rechargeable CR26650 Li-ion with circuit protection

Lamp Type XM-L2U2

Burn Time 3.5 hours

Use Great for recreational sport diving. Use as a primary light or video light.

intova-tovatec-fusion-torch-flashlight-waterproof-rechargeable-260-lumens-zoom.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom