Newbie here. 1st post. Most interesting critter you have seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A few weeks ago I was diving a wreck here in Oahu when a small foot long baby Green Turtle snuck up on me. It came from above and was facing me inches from my mask Little guy seemed relaxed and unafraid. It was actually more interesting than seeing an adult (commonly seen for now). Sublime.

I saw a critter that looked like a flamingo tongue, but was black with white spots. It seems they think it is a new spcies. My pics, as well as a few other divers pics went around the globe, and no one knows what it is. One person told me to bring it home with me!!!! I was agast! to say the least. The last thing I would want was to kill it.

I was in very thick kelp at Sentinel Rock, Catalina when I spun around and was face to face with a barracuda less than 2 feet from my face!! What an interesting set of teeth!!

Most interesting critter I have seen?

M0012963.jpg

Sorry, I pretend to be an underwater photographer, don't have a better picture for you.

Octopuses. I can watch them for a long time underwater and even though I've seen a bajillion of them now, they are still just as interesting :)

I saw some pygmy seahorses on Mabul Island, Malaysia. I knew they would be small but I had no idea that they were that small, they measured about 0.5cm tall!

I saw a critter that looked like a flamingo tongue, but was black with white spots. It seems they think it is a new spcies. My pics, as well as a few other divers pics went around the globe, and no one knows what it is. One person told me to bring it home with me!!!! I was agast! to say the least. The last thing I would want was to kill it.

I must remember that you are the one that I stole that picture from!

My own favorites:
aaaaaa11001.jpg
f15d.jpg

A few weeks ago I was diving a wreck here in Oahu when a small foot long baby Green Turtle snuck up on me. It came from above and was facing me inches from my mask Little guy seemed relaxed and unafraid. It was actually more interesting than seeing an adult (commonly seen for now). Sublime.
I have seen hundreds of gray reef sharks--it's always cool to see one--but the most interesting ones I have seen were juveniles about a half-meter long. They had all the swagger of their parents until I approached them closely, and then they took off. In the same family (sub-class, actually), I saw a two-meter guitarfish laying in the sand on a deep-ish sand flat in the Truk Lagoon. Of course, one diver's curiosity is another's ho-hum. Things like pygmy sea horses, ghost pipefish, and leafy sea dragons are fascinating to me, but they are pretty easy to find if you go to the right place. On the other hand, the places where you can see big animals are fewer and further between. With that in mind, the marlin I saw in Cocos was the most interesting animal I have seen, because I am unlikely to see one again.

I like Green Sea Turtles also, they seem to glide in the water with very little effort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom