Newbie in need of Help with identifying 1975 Bauer compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ridge777

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to get some info on this compressor. I found it at a local fire station that has upgraded. 395 hours and in working condition. I have a pic of the data plate and a couple of the compressor. Any info on the actual model of this and if it can be changed to 4500 psi. Thanks in advance.

033.jpg009.jpg008.jpg

Thanks, I thought that was the model #. I did a google search and could not find much info on it. Any idea where I could download spec sheet or manual for it? Do you know if it could be bumped up to 4500 psi?

Thanks.

Looks like a 5 CFM Capatono great little compressors 5 HP electric or 5.5 gas engine to power. I have one with a 6 hp Honda for taking on Keys trips. Weight about 150 lbs. Yes it can be bumped up to 4500 buy just adjusting the reliefs. The book I have for the C-E1 says it's a 5000 PSI machine. Manuel can be purchased from Bauer Phone # 757-855-6006

HI - This IS a Capitano-H...but a very old version. Some of the parts, such as the final head and corresponding valves, have been obsoleted or are difficult to come by. My company does have the parts manual (free) and a service guide (small fee). We also manufacture a good many parts for this block, including an update for the final head & valves. Contact Gabe in our New Parts division at 800-338-5493 or 305-430-0550 for a New Parts dealer near you.

I have worked with many of this version over the years and as i recall...this particular one is right on the cusp of transition to 5000psi rating. Check the pressure rating stamped into the final separator/filter unit. It's probably fine and to raise the working psi you would only need to reset the final safety valve.

Depending on how you intend to use it, I would say it's certainly worth $400

Looks like a 5 CFM Capatono great little compressors 5 HP electric or 5.5 gas engine to power. I have one with a 6 hp Honda for taking on Keys trips. Weight about 150 lbs. Yes it can be bumped up to 4500 buy just adjusting the reliefs. The book I have for the C-E1 says it's a 5000 PSI machine. Manuel can be purchased from Bauer Phone # 757-855-6006

You have a book that indicates that a Capitano from '75 is rated for a max operating pressure of 5000 psi? Especially with the final separator and/or filter tower currently installed? Bauer stamped a max pressure rating on that unit for a reason and it doesn't necessarily concern the compressor block itself. Best use the phone number and get verification in writing from Bauer.

Craig

Would you say it is worth $400.00? Do you think parts are sill available from Bauer?

My biggest concern would be parts for the final stage. The floating piston and sleeve may not still be available nor the
N07780 final stage discharge valve. As Larry mentioned above parts availability is the real issue.

Craig

Are you saying the final stage valves are impossible to get or difficult to get? It would be used occasionally for a 4500 cascade system. Does it have the capability of 4500 psi?

Thanks.

Sorry, my typing is slower than everyones answers. Thanks for all the input. I will try to get more info now that I know the model for sure.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom