Newer Diver in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingvenice

Reaction score
I recently got my diving certification (open water on may 14th) and was wondering if there were anyone in my area who dives on a regular basis. I am located in Venice, Florida just south of Sarasota, and have mostly been doing beach dives for the time being. Anyone who knows of any groups, or who may be available please contact me.

::..trying to keep all the worms in the can..:::: You are in a favorite dive spot for me and a lot of other divers! Keep an eye on this forum for times. With the weather being nasty and the visibility being rough, I can tell ya I may be hitting Peace River, Shell Creek, etc., for exploratory dives.

Oh, I may be getting a boat soon to. That will open up a LOT of dive sites for me and anyone else who wants to tag along. :)

Of diving your going to do. There's alot around but if you go on the boat you'll go broke.If you don't mind driving a bit to the springs I go almost every week. The cost on that depend on where you go. Most private dive sites are around $27 .
If you get more training like AOW, Cavern, You can do even more.
I try to get to Venice about once a month. Get a kayak and that opens more options. I got one and plan on starting to use it after the holiday. The key is to be versitile so you don't have to dive the same site and stuff all the time. I have a 17ft tri hull boat that I'm setting up for close to shore dives like down in Venice.
I'll dive witih almost anyone that shows an interest and a little skill. If you want to dive with me some time let me know. But like I said you'll have to drive to get to the sites. Just so you know
I'm AOW, NITROX,CAVERN,AND INTRO TO CAVE CERTIFIED.
Lay out a dive and post you'll find someone to go with you.
That's what I do. I have yet to not find a buddy for the day most time several. Read the post on the board often. check it everyday. What ever you do don't leave the guys hanging if you set something up with someone. That's a sure way to lose a dive buddy. keep in touch. :)

Fred

Right on fgray1!

I have a 19' bowrider I'm doing the same sort of setting up for... and fishing backwaters/flats.

I sense a dive party with a boat twist in our future...

Welcome to Scubaboard and to diving!
Florida is a divers paradise! The east coast and nice beach diving to the first reef is only a few hours drive away. There are a lot of divers here on the board and a dive (and a buddy) is just a post away.
Another shameless plug for the Holiday Dive http://www.scubaboard.com/t41518/s.html the weekend after Christmas- all cert levels are welcome.

I live in Lakeland but am kinda hooked on finding fossils. I will jump in my van wiyth a few divers (and turkeys) and come down anytime! There are a few Venice experts that know a few secrets about the vis and the wind and other almost scientific ideas as to when the vis is good. They will usually chime in and let ya know. Thank goodness for the technical people on the board!

When the weather is not so chilly we will be down!

Welcome and hope to dive with you soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom