Night Diving question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rollosan:
For now I only allow him to dive with me so I can help him fine tune his skills. He has never dove with the formentioned instructor so she has no clue what his skill level is.
Smart idea and you're a good parent! Work on helping him hone his skills, have him read up on night diving, encourage him to ask questions and cover the night diving skills with him prior to making the dive. Having been a kid once many moons ago... LOL I know that sometimes they are sure they know more than they do. I have been working with children/teens for the majority of life....this is a great learning opportunity for you both! Enjoy your diving:05:

rollosan:
He has never dove with the aforementioned instructor so she has no clue what his skill level is.

If she's never seen him and said that, then she's probably just being a bozo.

Terry

Hogwash!

Anyone assuming a DM or guide role may choose to filter the group but want sort of dives a diver undertakes in a peer setting is a personal decision.

IMO night diving ability can be acquired in a mentored or even DIY setting with a buddy but including it in AOW is very common. Doing it in AOW may be helpful for those less comfortable with the undertaking and a little extra coaching never hurts.

Pete

From which certifying agency did your son recieve his c-card? Is the Instructor in question affiliated with the same agency?

If so, it might not be a bad idea to call that agency's QA department for "clarification." Pose the same question that you asked here. Make sure that you use the same tone that you used in this thread. Don't make accusations, but explain the situation and then ask for their official policy. Maybe suggest that they contact the dive shop and help the Instructor to understand the correct policy.

Ultimately, I think I would find a new LDS.

H2Andy:
you double posted?????????

i am revoking your ScubaBoard membership

Primary probably failed as he was hitting enter, and while fumbling for his back up in his Jacket BC pocket, he hit enter 3 more times with his elbow.

Night posting rookies. Whatta ya gonna do?

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Primary probably failed as he was hitting enter, and while fumbling for his back up in his Jacket BC pocket, he hit enter 3 more times with his elbow.

Night posting rookies. Whatta ya gonna do?

---
Ken

LOL!! Come on, give me a break...it's 7 am here and I've been up all night.

Night shift worker

rollosan:
LOL!! Come on, give me a break...it's 7 am here and I've been up all night.

Night shift worker

Welcome to the board, BTW. You have entered the no-slack zone on a zero-tollerance Friday. So you got both barrels.

Great questions. This is why we're all here. Stick around. You're gonna love it.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom