Night diving question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misdmnr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
If one diver is uncomfortable and asks their buddy to end a night dive early is the diver requesting to end the dive early at fault?

No. Any diver can end the diver at any time. If said diver is afraid of the upsetting the buddy (though that isn't a good buddy), then excuses can be made up like "I started to feel sick" or "my ears started to bother me" or "I was feeling dizzy". And so on.

"At fault?" That's a really good way to guilt trip someone into doing something they're not comfortable with or not prepared for.....

ETA: I misunderstood you were on the receiving end of this. I apologize.

No.
Absolutely no.
The hell no.
And if your buddy thinks that, find another buddy.
May be worth discussing your reasons with them.

I was night diving tonight and had two tarpon in hands reach of me continually cruising around. I was uncomfortable and ended the dive. My dive buddy was upset with me.

I feel and thought as much but didn't want to e in the wrong so thought I'd seek the opinions of fellow divers....thanks all of you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom