Ningaloo Reef / WA - Need suggestions on how to spend my non-diving time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leakydrysuit

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Exmouth / Coral Bay to do some diving in June, but I'd like to do more than "just" dive while I'm in Western Australia. I'm planning on 4 to 5 non-diving days in addition to my week of diving. Any suggestions on what would be fun to do?

Thanks.

Depending on where you are... there's not a lot near Exmouth - it's fairly desolate out there. NW Cape has the old US Navy Comms station, there's plenty of great fishing, a national park is near by. If you go south to Carnarvon they have bananas. Perth has a lot - swimming, Rottnest Island, wineries, shopping. Further south are magnificent forests, great wines, surf beaches... the link in the previous post is a good starting point. Enjoy your time here!

In Exmouth, you can layout on the beach naked :eyebrow: , if thats not your thing, there's some awesome fishing to do and some pretty amazing sites to see. If all else fails, there's always the PotShot hotel bar to sauce it up. I'm thinking thats just about it up there.....

We are thinking that we will fly from Perth to Exmouth then when we get back to Perth rent a car and go south. Do you think we will want to rent a car in Exmouth or can we get by without one. Also, are there any hotels on the beach in Exmouth or will we need to go to Coral Bay to get a hotel on the beach. How much is a round trip plane ticket from Perth to Exmouth? Are they flexable as to your length of stay or do they hit you with a rebooking fee?

Dunno about renting cars - maybe check out Budget car rentals. Skywest airlines should do flights to Exmouth from Perth and maybe Qantas-Link and Skippers. Check on the net for them. They may be able to offer packages with accommodation.

Skywest fly Perth to Exmouth (Learmonth), can't remember the price, sorry.
There are no hotels on the beach in Exmouth, it's basically on the "wrong" side of the cape, all the nice beaches are on the west coast (Cape Range NP). There is a new backpackers type resort just south of town which is more or les on the beach, but it's the town beach and nothing special. As far as I remember, the Potshot Hotel is the only real hotel in town anyway.
It may be a good idea to rent a car for a day or so to drive out to Cape Range NP (the road is now paved all the way to Yardie Creek) for some of the most amazing beaches you'll ever see - beats Coral Bay any time. There is a bus service out to the park as well.

Hi

I've posted before about Ningaloo if you do a search. There isn't much else to do in Exmouth but one thing which I did and *loved* was the Camel Safari with Camel Expeditions. That was *brilliant*. The website doesn't seem to be up anymore but any tourism information from Exmouth will be able to tell you if he is still operating. I really enjoyed it.

annie:
Hi

I've posted before about Ningaloo if you do a search. There isn't much else to do in Exmouth but one thing which I did and *loved* was the Camel Safari with Camel Expeditions. That was *brilliant*. The website doesn't seem to be up anymore but any tourism information from Exmouth will be able to tell you if he is still operating. I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately not anymore :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom