nitrox analyser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ultravinnie:
I have been looking at He analysis but the sensor poses a problem for the moment
Katharometers are very precise instruments ( and expensive ), hard to read and difficult to drive .Somehow i don't feel that that is what is used in the 900$ stuff out there. Real katharometers start at like 5K $ ....

does anyone have a picture of what is in the commercial helium analysers.
especically the sensor element interests me.
There used to be some good info at www.atomox.net . The website isn't active anymore, but you might be able to dig up some cached pages at the wayback machine or something.

His unit was being resold under a different name. I think, but am not certain, that Dive Rite was selling his unit.

He measures thermal conductivity. Basically a hot wire anemometer, but rather than assuming constant thermal conductivity and calculating out the velocity, he fed it with constant flow/velocity and calculated the thermal conductivity. Since helium has higher thermal conductivity, you can then calculate the fraction of He.

Charlie Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom