nitrox analyser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ultravinnie

Reaction score
I designed a nitrox analyser.
This is not another run-off-the mill voltmeter thingie.

My analyser hooks up directly to your LP inflator hose. has a 2x20 character backlit LCd display, a CPU inside. It is self calibrating and measures anaything between 0 and 100%. I uses a sensor with a 4 to 5 year lifespan.
The readout shows yout % oxygen and your MOD for a preset PPO. you can switch between feet and meters for the Max depth readout.

you can change your PPO. there is a backlight for use on the boat while preparing for nightdive for instance. the usint automatically siwtches of after a user defined time.
It is the size of a pack of sigarette's runs on 2 AAA batteries for about 3 years.
a built in battery gauge shows you battery status upon poweron. It is mounted in a sturdy case overmolded with a rubber boot.

To calibrate the unit you need a tank of air and a tank with 100% oxygen. just enter the CAL menu and follow the instructions. this needs to be done about once a year to compensate for sensor aging.

the pressure reducer / flow diverter is easily made. just a piece of delrin , a couple of drills and a couple of allen set screws.

if anyone is interested i can send pictures. I built 3 ( one for me and 2 for my friends ) i still have a number of bare boards laying around and can make more.

Can you post a picture? Plans? What were your parts costs? What tools does the project require and how much time?

Sounds like an interesting DIY project.

How much are they selling for? I'd like to see photo's.

I'd like to see that too. How much?

I've built the el cheapo and love it. It does exactly what I need to do!

Here are some pictures:

As of a month ago RC Tech was still in business. I bought and built one of their analyzer kits. It works great. Hardest part was cutting the holes in the case.

Mat4020:
Ive know tons of people who have built the El Cheapo and like it

About the RC Tech one, I think they are out of business (read this around post 38)

True Pity. I built the RC kit simply because it was easier to order. Mine works great with not problem. (I am an electrical engineer though). Made a few mods with a BC LP inflator connection, flowmeter and sensor mount but I am still below $100 with a very accurate and convienent analzyer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom