Nitrox Analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pfirejack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Am looking to purchase my first analyzer. Looking for input on which may be the most practical & effiecient. Leaning towards the Cootwo because of the dual capability (co). Any input would be appreciated

Whichever one you get know that you got to replace the sensor periodically even if it isn't used much and it can cost almost as much as the entire unit does.

Whichever one you get know that you got to replace the sensor periodically even if it isn't used much and it can cost almost as much as the entire unit does.

I concur. Some of the easiest to use analyzers have 'proprietary' made sensor which cost a pretty penny and regular ones are already not that cheap, so beware.

Am looking to purchase my first analyzer. Looking for input on which may be the most practical & effiecient. Leaning towards the Cootwo because of the dual capability (co). Any input would be appreciated

I like the Palm D. Small, compact and runs about $250. The sensor runs $100 and I replace every 24 months.

....... you got to replace the sensor periodically .....
For cootwo we recommend to replace the O2 sensor every year and we require to replace the CO sensor every 2 years.
We also require that the CO sensor is calibrated every 12 months.

.... it can cost almost as much as the entire unit does.
The cost of the O2 sensor is $69.99 (once a year - recommended)
The cost of the CO sensor is $69.99 (every 2 years - required)
The cost for the CO calibration service is $49.99 (every year - required) or can be done by the user.

A new cootwo is $299.99

Alternatively, for Nitrox only you could use Nitroxbuddy 2 (no CO sensor) that retails for $229.99.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom