Nitrox Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no he's saying that new yorkers will accept SDA cards as valid. But these are the same people that "banned" too large of a size of soda because they said new yorkers were getting too fat from them (among other things). A dive operator has their own descretion which certs to accept from whom -- it's their business.

What everyone is saying is that none of the reputable agencies and most other dive ops won't accept SDA since it's not reputable. call up a dive op in the keys where they get tourists from all over the world and see what agencies they will accept a card from.

Over 50 dives using my SDA card all over the caribbean and NYS. . . . I just use the SDA to prove it works to people here.
Interesting.

I think I will start a new agency.

So you saying it works is proof, anyone else saying it doesn't is false rumors?
That makes perfect sense..

Tigerman once again do YOU have a SDA card? I do, it has never not once been accepted.

You have NO experience with this, if someone else has a card and it was not accepted that is proof by them not by you, you're just repeating the story over and over.

So far no one has come on here and I said I have a SDA card and LDS shop xyz, DM or boat captain has not accepted it.

The rest keep repeating 3rd or 4th hand stories or at best 2nd hand of how where they dive or their dive shop never would take it with facts that is true other than your beliefs.

As I have said I also have a PADI card that I have had not used once in over 50 dives since I got the SDA card to replace my NASDS card. No on one trip, not on one boat, not by one dive master and not by one LDS.

I have no issue you pointing out in your opinion it is not as good or whatever. Opinions are like ***holes everyone has one.

If you have a valid PADI card why would you need the SDA card?

Just because your card has never been denied, does not make it a valid card....its well known throughout the scuba community that his cards are worthless....if your happy with it, that's fine....but dont kid yourself into thinking its a valid cert

To be quite honest I didn't think there was any part of the course that couldn't be taught online.

To be quite honest I didn't think there was any part of the course that couldn't be taught online.
Theres no part of the ean40 certification that cant be taught online, thats not the issue. The issue is that not all "agencies" are accepted by all or even most ops and fill stations. Just cause I print a TigerDivers International cert card for myself after reading about nitrox diving on scubaboard dont mean it will be honored by some random dive op :wink:

Theres no part of the ean40 certification that cant be taught online, thats not the issue. The issue is that not all "agencies" are accepted by all or even most ops and fill stations. Just cause I print a TigerDivers International cert card for myself after reading about nitrox diving on scubaboard dont mean it will be honored by some random dive op :wink:

My point was to look beyond that issue and suggest perhaps they should, but then again the dive stores would then lose $90 for VERY little work.

A bit from stubbornness i was a NASDS diver in 1970's had wallet stollen and card with it. Took 20 years off diving and wanted a refresher, was refused as I could not show a card. Had old logs instructors name, the dive shop that had closed, even others I dove with. No go Padi wanted a whole course and money.

Screw it got a SDA card and used it to get into a Padi refresher.

Never used the Padi card as to me as a NASDS diver it is inferior. I was far better trained in the 70s on in the water skills. Now I will admit the course book work had improved over the years as knowledge has improved.

So my SDA cards has the words NASDS 1975 on it. PADI even accepted it for the refresher. I really wish I could find one to say no, but in 4 years of trying at most I get is a 2nd look and ok diving is that way

Btw tell the guys at invade Bahamas SC when you go they are not a legit dive op, they have taken my SDA card 4 times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A bit from stubbornness i was a NASDS diver in 1970's had wallet stollen and card with it. Took 20 years off diving and wanted a refresher, was refused as I could not show a card. Had old logs instructors name, the dive shop that had closed, even others I dove with. No go Padi wanted a whole course and money.

Screw it got a SDA card and used it to get into a Padi refresher.

Never used the Padi card as to me as a NASDS diver it is inferior. I was far better trained in the 70s on in the water skills. Now I will admit the course book work had improved over the years as knowledge has improved.

So my SDA cards has the words NASDS 1975 on it. PADI even accepted it for the refresher. I really wish I could find one to say no, but in 4 years of trying at most I get is a 2nd look and ok diving is that way

Btw tell the guys at invade Bahamas SC when you go, they are not a legit dive op as they have taken my SDA card 4 times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would venture to say then that they may not be looking at the considering the SDA part but rather the NASDS 1975 instead.
per the SSI website:
In 1999, NASDS - The National Association of Scuba Diving Schools - merged with SSI - Scuba Schools International - and in 2001 the NASDS Certification Cards were discontinued

1975 records are not available but a signed logbook from then or some other verifiable proof could get a new SSI card issued in your name.

Back
Top Bottom