Nitrox class question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Was just wondering. I was checking out classes for nitrox cert in the PI and discovered there were 2 levels. Here in the US, there's just one level of nitrox cert. What's the difference? If I take the class here in the US will I be able to dive nitrox in the PI? Thanks.

midwestdvr

Just one? The cert agencies here are the same as the ones there. An agency like IANTD will have a basic and an Advanced (often combined with decompression) while PADI has just the basic, I believe.

Halthron:
Just one? The cert agencies here are the same as the ones there. An agency like IANTD will have a basic and an Advanced (often combined with decompression) while PADI has just the basic, I believe.

I think you may have clarified it for me. Most of the shops here i think offer the padi version which is probably the beginner level. Thanks.

midwestdvr

I did my notrox throw padi and it allows me to get mixes up to 40% if i want to get more there is a class for higher mixes its in there tech classes

I'm sure you'll be fine with a basic Nitrox certification. Most agencies offer advanced training in Nitorx, which usually fall under the "techincal" certifications.

SDI TDI is USA and they have two for nitrox. basic and advanced.

basic deals with utilising Nitrox with mixes for recreational diving

Advanced nitrox deals with special procedures utilising the advantages of nitrox mix other than 21% O2 and 79 % N , beyond recreational diving, welll we do deco for our recreation........ so depends on your point of view

Back
Top Bottom