Nitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for everyones input, It seems as though its the instructor that is the most important factor just as in most of the other training. And it seems they can require, or not, what the intensity of the course is even within the same agency. That part seems odd to me. Don't the different agencies have more structured requirements for a course like this?

lal7176 once bubbled...

I guess i stand corrected. Does the ANDI csu class certify a person for use up to 40% or maybe higher and go into decompression procedures. The reason i ask is what can they teach you in 12hrs of lecture unless you sit up front of the class and read the book word by word. I am by far no expert on nitrox and am only cerified for use up to 40% but am wondering why the long lecture for something like basic nitrox that isnt really difficult to learn or understand.Maybe im missing something here :confused:

The ANDI CSU class covers to 50%..
Besides the standard calculations there are extensive presentations on basic physiology, detailed discussions on otox, nitrogen narcosis, co2 issues, oxygen handling and dci avoidance.

as an IT I can honestly tell you most instructors from other agencies when they take the pretest for a crossover dont score much above 50% on the exam.. this includes instructors with advanced diving ratings (eg. ext range, trimix.)

Many of the topics are designed to make you a safer and more knowlegdeable diver.. I can give you a few basic formulas and say memorize this, that doesn't take long but the background information is just as important..

its not a decompression class so thats not discussed per se other than gas exchange efficiency..

The ANDI csu covers fro the most part all the info presented in both IANTD and TDI nitrox and advanced nitrox classes plus some additional info.
There is one optional section that isn't taught by all instructors, otherwise I'd say all the info was covered all the time..

oversea once bubbled...
Hey padi scuba pro, where in New York are you from?

The Bronx....

Dear Pete,

Thank you for taking the time to write and for the opportunity to answer your questions.

To qualify for the PADI Enriched Air Diver course, an individual must:

Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
Be 15 years of age or older.
Open Water Diver students would not qualify until after they have completed the course and been certified.

Thank you again, for writing and for the chance to answer your question. Please feel free to contact me again by phone at 949-858-7234, extension 2383, by fax at 949-858-2941 or by email at davew.padi.com.

Sincerely,

David Walls

Educational Consultant

Training and Quality Management

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom