Nitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm doing a nitrox class right now. When you took (or when you teach) your nitrox class, did you learn how to rescue an unconscious diver and a convulsing diver? We did that training in the pool last week and I believe that we will also do so during the OW dives and I think that it was great training to get and relevant to the use of nitrox.

I think a lot depends on your instructor. I am NAUI certified and the instructor did not have us do any dives.

Having done the PADI and TDI materials side by side in my course, TDI went more into the theory of what was going on, but the PADI material is easier to digest, and the video is good for working through the tables examples. I had no problem recommending the PADI course to my fiancee.

PADI's nitrox tables are also nice.

lal7176 once bubbled...

Im certified through SSI but think they are all about the same. I think they all teach you the same basic principles of using EANX.

I beg to differ..
I can teach, PADI, TDI, SDI and ANDI classes.. I don't teach PADI or SDI classes too simplistic.

The TDI class leaves lot of flexibility but is extremely dependent on the instructor..

My favorite class to Teach is the ANDI csu class it runs about 12 hours of lecture plus 2 dives.. none of the other programs for basic nitrox from any of the other agencies I have seen comes close..

padiscubapro once bubbled...

I beg to differ..
I can teach, PADI, TDI, SDI and ANDI classes.. I don't teach PADI or SDI classes too simplistic.

The TDI class leaves lot of flexibility but is extremely dependent on the instructor..

My favorite class to Teach is the ANDI csu class it runs about 12 hours of lecture plus 2 dives.. none of the other programs for basic nitrox from any of the other agencies I have seen comes close..

I guess i stand corrected. Does the ANDI csu class certify a person for use up to 40% or maybe higher and go into decompression procedures. The reason i ask is what can they teach you in 12hrs of lecture unless you sit up front of the class and read the book word by word. I am by far no expert on nitrox and am only cerified for use up to 40% but am wondering why the long lecture for something like basic nitrox that isnt really difficult to learn or understand.Maybe im missing something here :confused:

Nitrox principles are not that complex. Its basic physics & math.
Interview instructors, or ask people who have been thru the class at dive shops near you.
A good teacher is what counts the most.

12 hours of lecture, for Nitrox use up to 40%, that seems excessive to say the least. If you can't get it figured out in 3 -4 hours you probably shouldn't be diving Nitrox to begin with. I was certified though PADI. A friend took the class through PDIC, which consisted of reading the book and taking the test, open book I might add, and no open water dive before getting the card What a contrast between some of the agencies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom