Nitrox fill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydiver06:
Yes I'm EANx certified . I'm taking about brand new tanks , Green labels/ decals are bought separetly.

Labels are applied by Luxfer at the factory. I am not speaking of the NITROX bands I am refering to the use and care label. If the label is red and white then the cylinder must be cleaned prior to partial filling with O2. If the label is green and white then the cylinder has been cared for at the factory and is already O2 clean.

This is taken from Luxfer.com

Nitrox-ready: New Luxfer scuba cylinders are specially prepared at the factory to be suitable for use with oxygen-enriched air mixtures. (It is the responsibility of the cylinder owner to maintain this suitability, including using only Nitrox-compatible components with Luxfer cylinders in oxygen-enriched service.)
Cylinders sold in Asia Pacific have different regulations than US or Europe.

Does this mean I can fill new Luxfer tanks with Nitrox ( De Nitrogenated Nitrox Fill).
Tanks imported did not have the band.

andydiver06:
The Max O2 Concentration is 38 as delivered by AArganox or Nuvair system. Import laws says that a tank with valve fitted cannot be imported. Third there is no O2 cleaning facility in India for scuba tanks. What do I do in that situation ?

If you are never going to introduce pure O2 or anything above 40%, simply slap on the nitrox stickers and put nitrox in the tank. The tank and valve do NOT need to be O2 clean in this case. As for O-rings, either the butyl rubber or Viton would be appropriate. O2 cleaning is only required when a component will come into contact with high concentrations of oxygen at high pressures. Premix and membrane systems do not introduce high pressure high concentrations of Oxygen in the scuba tank.

As for using premix nitrox in air tanks, there is no reason not to so long as the tanks are analyzed and marked as containing nitrox. Only Partial Pressure (PP) blending of nitrox requires O2 clean tanks (hence dedicated tanks).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom