Nitrox fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that is what I was worried about.
This lds banks 32%. That technically doesn'r require O2 cleaning but that is still a good idea.
If I do get my tanks O2 cleaned, then get a fill that is air but not O2 compayable, then get a Nitrox fill that isn't pre blended, things could get bad in a hurry.

I have gotten a bunch of PP nitrox fills from a shop that doesn't even look for a VIP. They have been doing it most of my lifetime and seem to know how. I decided that I would CB my fills because I didn't want to make a mistake with pure O2 but I'm not too concerned with any air that is safe to breathe. People take this stuff too far. VIP's are a profit center for shops.

Yeah, that is what I was worried about.
This lds banks 32%. That technically doesn'r require O2 cleaning but that is still a good idea.
If I do get my tanks O2 cleaned, then get a fill that is air but not O2 compayable, then get a Nitrox fill that isn't pre blended, things could get bad in a hurry.

hence why we typically don't put O2 clean stickers on nitrox tanks that don't need to be PP blended and try to avoid pp blending unless we have to... For backgas bottles, if you O2 clean, then fine, I will do it on my own tanks, but not pay to have it done because it's usually $$$, but I won't put O2 clean stickers on there because I don't want them PP filled

I was really interested when he said that since a tank won't be empty a refill might only be $8.00. I will only pay for what I use.

Since my tanks are not O2 cleaned will they put a Nitrox band on them?
They said since they bank it I would not need them to be O2 cleaned.

The band is entirely optional in a lot of places. My tanks are O2 cleaned and do not have a band. Rather, at least at my shop, on the bottom of the visual sticker is an box that dictates if its O2 cleaned or not. They do partial pressure blending there, so they pump 100% O2 in at first and then blend it out with air until it hits the O2% they want.

@BurhanMuntasser if you are going to do partial pressure fills with 40% why wouldn't you just do them with 100% and then not have the extra bank to maintain? Just because a nitrox card is up to 40% advanced nitrox is up to 100% and then the standard mix I think is 50% for deep deco stops 40% wouldn't help anything there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom