Nitrox Reg for Stage Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two Dogs

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know if I can convert my a standard XTX 50 reg to take >40% O2? Or do I need to buy the special Nitrox Version?

Anyone know if I can convert my a standard XTX 50 reg to take >40% O2? Or do I need to buy the special Nitrox Version?

Apex says it can be converted for use @ up to 100%. I assume that includes O2 cleaning and a different parts kit for the non-metal parts.

I didn't see any reference on their website about having a high %O2 model available from the factory. It looks like you would need to buy the regular version, then have it serviced.

If you haven't purchased it yet, I beleive that the Atomic M1 is good for %80 right out of the box if you never use it with anything that's not O2 clean (should verify this with Atomic).

Terry

I didn't see any reference on their website about having a high %O2 model available from the factory. Terry

Actually they do sell a XTX40 (DS4 DIN - Oxygen) on their webpage for 40%-100% oxygen.

Here is the link.

Since they sell that, I imagine the parts kit would be available to convert an existing one.

It just needs to be serviced and converted. Conversion means cleaning for oxygen service and then using compatible parts. We do this on a regular basis. You can order reg service on our website. We are an authorize A/L Apeks Service Center.

Regards,

thank you all. I guess I'm off to my LDS for an O2 service.
Joel, Thanks for the offer but as I'm in Sydney the shipping for a service is probably a little over the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom