Nitrox stick flow meter rate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But It get harder to do that when your spitting teeth, and eating through a straw having believed everything you know about nitrox from the oxy hackers handbook. LOL

Oh and after spending $4000 on a auto blender nitrox stick thing with safety solenoid.

View attachment 423625[/URL]

View attachment 423626[/URL]
What are you suggesting? Not breathing nitrox? Got any pictures of PP filling gone wrong? Or are you a Rix salesman?
Diving requires thought. If you don't think you may die. Vance Harlow makes no bones about it. My nitrox stick including the solenoid cost about $100. Has not blown up my compressor, so far. If you have some way to make nitrox, or to compress air, that doesn't involve some danger, please enlighten us.

But It get harder to do that when your spitting teeth, and eating through a straw having believed everything you know about nitrox from the oxy hackers handbook. LOL

Oh and after spending $4000 on a auto blender nitrox stick thing with safety solenoid.

And I should add for Ray and others that the green stuff on the ground is called grass, we have a lot of in here in Europe, maybe less so in Texas.
But what you all will recognise are the red stains being the blood splatter and the brown, body fluids.

Nitrox 36 Safe Air!!!

View attachment 423625[/URL]

View attachment 423626[/URL]
I just caught on! Those are pictures of your trimix mixer. What did you do wrong and what blew up?

What are you suggesting? Not breathing nitrox? Got any pictures of PP filling gone wrong? Or are you a Rix salesman?
Diving requires thought. If you don't think you may die. Vance Harlow makes no bones about it. My nitrox stick including the solenoid cost about $100. Has not blown up my compressor, so far. If you have some way to make nitrox, or to compress air, that doesn't involve some danger, please enlighten us.

All I'm suggesting at this stage is you read the label............Air Compressor............

I just caught on! Those are pictures of your trimix mixer. What did you do wrong and what blew up?

Er Its not my trimix mixer, or me. Its one you can buy from a scuba supplier in Italy that makes analysers
I will dig out the details

If you have some way to make nitrox, or to compress air, that doesn't involve some danger, please enlighten us.

BTR It's pretty simple.

First. Start by reading the label on the compressor if it says

...............Air Compressor.............

Don't pump nitrox or elivated oxygen concentrations into it.

If the compressor is suitable for nitrox or oxygen or helium etc etc it will tell you on the label.

.................Nitrox Compressor....................

If oxygen it will say

.................Oxygen Compressor.................

It's not unlike the countless warnings I received from internet posters and service techs about topping off the tank in my Prius. It will lead to blah blah reduced mileage because blah blah. They heard and repeated it so many times it became their truth. OK no problem. I did it on every tank for 245,000 miles and traded it in on my current one that now has 130,000 miles. My wife did the same in hers for 235,000 miles and she has 100,000 miles in her second one. We are still waiting to experience the canister replacements and the dreaded battery replacement and all the other dire warnings we received from the people that were convinced we were idiots. We never had to fix anything.

Now this is way off topic from the original question that was asked but I will still post it because I am that happy about what I have done and experienced with pumping my own gas.

Same reply to the question I answered earlier
Read the label

...............Petrol (gasoline)..........................

................Diesel......................................

got to say ian/hsm is right on here , I know c blending goes on all the time and works TILL it doesn't .....an old team sgt once told me if you stand in front of trains long enough ...you get hit !!!! I think ill still pp blend my eyes hands are worth it .....

got to say ian/hsm is right on here , I know c blending goes on all the time and works TILL it doesn't .....an old team sgt once told me if you stand in front of trains long enough ...you get hit !!!! I think ill still pp blend my eyes hands are worth it .....
Obviously there have been no problems PP blending. Much safer. Go at that.

I see no evidence that this happened at 36%. You have posted this set of photos several times but without any real details about what caused it other than your inference that it was caused by pumping 36%. Is there an actual story attached to this?

I considered partial pressure blending but the burden of keeping all of my tanks O2 clean and the risk of it being done in my home was not something I was able to get comfortable with. I'm not saying it can't be safe but it wasn't the color I picked on the roulette wheel.

I see no evidence that this happened at 36%. .

Ray

This is a subject we don’t talk about, not to upset the industry and the money made from it to the unsuspecting public. The problem is with the mantra given by all the training agencies that;
Compressing gasses with less than 40% oxygen is safe..........It's not.

Now before nitrox became the "killer" of compressors we used to have a condition in standard oil lubricated air compressors called dieseling.

That is the heat of compression generated by the act of compression (adabatic load) would be sufficient to ignite the cooling oil and the resulting ignition forces would at best result in seizure and at worse blow the head off the culprit cylinder. (As opposed to the normal wear and tear service life blackening oxidation of the oil, the valves and seats)

In addition the explosive detonation shock within the head would sometimes result in additional damage at the weakest “links” within the compressor such as thin wall tubing bends, the heat exchangers, separator towers etc items not designed for these huge shock detonation forces.

The cure was in the development of non mineral based oils with a higher flash point, Less coking less carboning of the rings and valves resulting in more running time between servicing,

…………..longer running between oil changes!!!!! ………….

The only kicker with the original “Safe Air” deal it was in the 1960’s and resulted in HP air compressors going from 2200psi to 3000psi.bNow add the additional increase in pressure 5000/6000psi and we are back to seeing signs of dieseling again.

Now in the scuba lala world you need to add in addition to the above, oxygen into the mix and the problem is massively increased hence why I suspect the comments from the guys at Jordair seeing more damage more often with scuba air compressors used with nitrox than with air.

The solution is to read the label (or pump Nitrox 21) lol

But others need first to consider why they are not benifiting from these longer running between oil changes
and why such a short oil life.

Back
Top Bottom