No Divas. Just Divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Unlike TUSA, DUI actually dresses its models in its product in its ads. Look at four women in drysuits and you don't see a lot of skin. But you see four women who look like they know how to dive.

Heck, the caption alone (above) makes me want to buy a DUI suit. And I don't even know how to dive dry.

August Scuba Diving, p. 44.

Thankfully many of the drysuit catalogs do the same. Women are actually in the drysuits in the Whites and Diving Concepts brochures.

Hey, did you know that DUI does what they call Demo Days? They have them all over the country. They bring a bunch of suits in for people to try out. All you have to pay is admission to whatever dive site they are using, and either $5 or $7 for their ticket. They give you an orientation, then take you on a dive with an instructor. You don't get certified in drysuit diving, but you do get the chance to see if you like it before you spend all that money on a suit.

We have a list of their dates at the shop where I work.

Plus, those are not models in the DUI catalog. They are actual divers, and employees of DUI. Double bonus.

theskull

prplunicorn:
Hey, did you know that DUI does what they call Demo Days? They have them all over the country. They bring a bunch of suits in for people to try out. All you have to pay is admission to whatever dive site they are using, and either $5 or $7 for their ticket. They give you an orientation, then take you on a dive with an instructor. You don't get certified in drysuit diving, but you do get the chance to see if you like it before you spend all that money on a suit.

We have a list of their dates at the shop where I work.

If you can get to one of these events do so! They are a ton of fun. I got to try three different drysuits on three dives. They are really good about explaining things, make sure that you get properly fitted and I've met a couple of the ladies who are in the ads. They are really nice people and great divers.

Christine

funny, they LOOK like real divers, rather than models. i wondered if they were just really good models.

theskull:
Plus, those are not models in the DUI catalog. They are actual divers, and employees of DUI. Double bonus.

theskull

My wife and I attended the demo days at Lake Wazee this summer.

In addition to trying out the gear -- it looked like they had at least one of every suit / size combination they make. You have the expertise of several DUI experts available for fitting questions, and they hold classes on bouyancy, themal protection, etc.

All that and they had a dinner party Saturday night...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom