No-Harness Sidemount Rig - Just a bit of fun ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its probably how the first sidemount's looked like ... attached find a picture even more "garage" sidemount set with no use of factory made wings, etc

garage made sidemount.jpg

Yeah DiveRite only discontinued them April 1st, 2013. (If only it was April fools only).

It's ironic... if they had delayed that decision by six months they may have noticed an unexpected spike in sales. LOL

If anyone from DiveRite reads this....it's a good product, if not used as you intended. Keep the same basic design (and price!)...bump the buoyancy up to ~20lbs... and you might have a hot product to sell....

misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

Here is one of the DR Pillows with the Stealth Harness, looks like it would nice travel BC. It would be nice if the XDeep folks would make maybe a 18 to 22 lbs wing and maybe a 45 to 48 lbs wing.

IMG_0422.jpg

Here is one of the DR Pillows with the Stealth Harness, looks like it would nice travel BC.

View attachment 154088

That's basically what I dive with most of the time, except I didn't bother with a butt-plate. Used a pair of DiveRite 'Offset D-Rings' instead.

It would be nice if the XDeep folks would make maybe a 18 to 22 lbs wing and maybe a 45 to 48 lbs wing.

If they offered a redundant buoyancy option, I think it'd be the closest to perfect on the market. From a teaching/agency standards perspective, redundant buoyancy is a 'must have' for many...

I recently bought 3 more of the Pillows to have as backups. Dive Rite is completely out. I contacted Lamar first before searching out retailers.

Back
Top Bottom