No more rental gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats are in order I too have purchased all my equipment including a tank of which was the cheapest item of all. The tank is important because it saves you alot of driving around and filling out rental forms and having it back by a specific date, of course it was the last piece I acquired. FYI I spent about $180.00 for an 80 with boot, dust cap and a neat woven tank guard, plus 20 free refills. So go ahead get the tank , but rest assured it won't be the last expenditure. This diving is a money pit if I ever saw one but is it ever worth it.
By the way where is cssp?
Dax:eek:ut:

Great Job Blue!!!

You should be happy with your stuff. I'm slowly upgrading/updating all my gear.

Dax, CSSP is just outside Terrell which is about 30 miles East of Dallas.

Congrats to you too Pickachoo.

TwoBit

Congrats to all. Renting Bites Glad I never had to and bought my stuff right off.

Dax don't forget to subtract the $120 for refills your getting that brings the tot of your tank to $60. Least we forget to factor in the org cost of renting @ $10 a pop plus the added gas of have to drive back to return it.

Congratulations on your new gear. Sooo, did you put it all on and check it out in front of the mirror? Come on, we’ve all done it.

I’ve got the day off Friday and would like to tag along if possible. Was going to take care of some major home repairs like strip and re-caulk the shower but after looking at it again, hmmm, it’s not ALL that bad.

Nyle and I were supposed to go Sunday but called it off with all the rain in the area. Last time I was there we ended up in a lightning storm so didn’t want to drive all the way there for a possible repeat. I'll see if he can get away on Friday as well so I have a buddy.

What time were you guys planning on going Friday?

Jim

The purchase of your first set of gear is one of those milestones in life! And even when you eventually replace that first gear, it'll still hold fond memories for you.

shhh...don't tell anyone but I still catch Beast watching TV in full gear, fins and mask included, when he's been out of the water too long!

Hey Blue

I'm interested in possibly meeting you at CCSP on Friday, I will be in the Dallas area. Keep me posted.

Cindy

Blue32 & Asta1227,

Spoke with Nyle and he is free on Friday to go diving at CSSP. Sooo, I have a buddy to dive with.

Let me know the dive plan and we'll do a meet and greet then get wet if you guys are still going.

Jim

Congrats to you too Pikachoo and Dax-ain't it cool? I'm starting to feel like a real diver now and not so much of a newbie.
Jim, I modeled every piece of equipment I bought in the mirror at least twice. I even modeled the hose protectors and I'm glad I did because I changed my mind and went with pink instead of blue. :D
I'm definitely going to Terrell on Friday, rain or shine. Ken is going to meet me at 10 and Cindy is driving all the way up from San Antonio. Aimee, are you gonna be able to make it? I'd really like to meet some more swampers so anybody else that wants to come I'd love to see ya!

Well....it looks like I'll be able to make it but I won't be able to leave until after 1100am. I guess I can just meet ya'll out there around noonish.

See ya then!!

I'm gonna grill some hot dogs, everyone is welcome. Glad you can make it, Aimee! I guess we can all meet in the northwest parking lot. Ken and I are meeting around 10. We'll try to snag the pavillion. Jim & Nyle-what time are you guys planning on getting there?

Back
Top Bottom