No more shark fin soup in vegas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharksdelight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Like many others, I wrote to the Vegas Hilton protesting their serving of shark fin soup and other shark menu items. Today I received a reply from them that shows to me that the dive community can be proactive and effective when they take a stand. Below is their response to me.-Steve

"Dear Mr. Douglas,

The management at the Las Vegas Hilton places tremendous value in the
feedback that is received from our guests. Our resort has a rich history
and has built a strong reputation on creating a positive experience for
all our guests. After careful consideration, the Las Vegas Hilton is in
the process of removing shark's fin soup from the menu in our Chinese
Restaurant.

We appreciate your comments and opinions and look forward to another
opportunity to serve you.

Thank you,

Katrina Nabong
Executive Assistant
Las Vegas Hilton
3000 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
P: 702.732.5473
F: 702.732.5207
E: knabong@lvhilton.com "

It's coming off the menu, but is it disappearing from the kitchen?

Given what can be gotten in Vegas, it's going to be awhile before "no more shark fin soup in vegas"...

In any case, though, this is at least progress!

And I thought "anything goes" in Vegas. Glad to hear that isn't always true and kudos to you and the rest who wrote the Hilton and requested the change.

While rejoicing for the sharks do not forget to send the folks at Hilton a note thanking them. Thanks go a long ways for those who make the decisions.

Further, encourage Hilton to remove Shark Fin Soup from all of their hotel restaurants. It is served at the Orange County, CA as part of weddings and I believe is still on the menu at Cafe Sierra at the Universal Studios, CA Hilton.

Last edited:
i'm a diamond vip at hilton and if they didn't take the shark off of the menu - i'd certainly be looking for a new chain to frequent! thanks for taking the time to get this out to everyone!

Well done guys, and be sure to thank Hilton for their decision. Still, be sure to take another trip there to check up on their progress before too long.

I e-mailed the largest supermarket chain in the UK (Tesco) telling them to remove shark fin from their stores in Asia, and they told me they had removed it. They hadn't.

Its really an motivating post and right method which can help in a very effective way to save sharks.GOOD luck.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom