No more Solo diving at Whitestar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
*sigh*

used to be permitted if you had the appropriate certification, but some novice diver (WITH at least 1 buddy!) gets themselves killed in a nearby quarry and now My dive options get limited...

just another example of another incremental move towards the nanny State... protecting us from ourselves, those who cant/wont take responsibility for their own actions and so the rest of us are penalized...

wish I'da know the gutless wonders on the Park Board were going to make this decision before I spent $$$ on a now virtually useless solo cert this year... I would have rolled that cash into adv. nitrox/intro tech instead...

I don' live on the shores of Lake Huron.

How is it going to be enforced? What's the penalty?

I'll let you dive solo. I'll even lend you a pony bottle.

Hey Man, Gilboa allows solo; I just did a 1hr. and 15min. dive there yesterday. I got it in before all the folks arrived for the non-event and cloud everything up. I believe it's the only quarry in the immediate area that allows solo. Come on down and we'll solo together.---- is that possible???:shocked2:

*sigh*

used to be permitted if you had the appropriate certification, but some novice diver (WITH at least 1 buddy!) gets themselves killed in a nearby quarry and now My dive options get limited...

just another example of another incremental move towards the nanny State... protecting us from ourselves, those who cant/wont take responsibility for their own actions and so the rest of us are penalized...

wish I'da know the gutless wonders on the Park Board were going to make this decision before I spent $$$ on a now virtually useless solo cert this year... I would have rolled that cash into adv. nitrox/intro tech instead...

I'll let you dive solo. I'll even lend you a pony bottle.

I've got a 40 cf pony, secondary independant airsource is one of the main requirements of passing the course.

Back
Top Bottom