No more STINK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice,

Living in a humid and hot country any advice to prevent the smell of whatever the cat dragged in is much appreciated.

SangP

Simple Green is great, on plastics. I use SG on the inside of my BC bladder. For the outside I use Woolite. You can get an industrial sized bottle at Costco on the cheap and it works as well as those five hundred dollar an ouce formulas you get at the dive shop.

James

trucker girl:
I'm always concerned about the inside of my BC. I rinse it many, many, many times and then let it sit upside down and periodically empty it for about 2 days.

Maybe I'll try that minty thing on the inside...

Simple Green is THE tool for cleaning the inside of your bladder. Just give it a couple of squirts and a little water and run it around.

Again, for the fabrics, Wollite does wonders.

James

SangP:
Nice,

Living in a humid and hot country any advice to prevent the smell of whatever the cat dragged in is much appreciated.

SangP

That's a real easy one........take the cat out for a "dive".

Great, now all the damn PETA divers are gonna yell at me!

Mike Rushton

Y'all mean I haven't had to throw my gear out after each dive? It's washable?
(Right... next I"ll hear you clean your masks with toothpaste...)

ScubaCatgirl:
I'm afraid to use Simple Green on my gear although I know divers that do. I've just seen what Simple Green can do. Take's paint right off a wall. I just dip my gear in the bathtub filled w/ 1/2 bottle of Listerine & some water. Swish it around a bit then hang it up to dry. It works great! Takes the stink right out!
You will use an alcohol based product on rubber/plastic/nylon and your worried about simple green?:confused: Im gonna guess you never took chem 101.
A few drops of SG in water is great for both inside and out of all dive gear and it's biodegradable too.

ScubaMike14:
That's a real easy one........take the cat out for a "dive".

Great, now all the damn PETA divers are gonna yell at me!

Mike Rushton

One stinky is bad enough. Any more diving pp, cats, or dogs and the neighbours will start to think that someone died in my apartment LOL!

SangP

Well, I'm glad to see that most everyone has a fix for getting the stink out of thire gear. I'm just happy that know I don't have to stand down wind from everyone on the dive boat anymore.

Regards, George

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom