No Pockets where do you store stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
I dive a BP/Wing (Zeagle Express HOG rig) and dive almost exclusively in warm water.
So what do you take and where do you store your Safety Sausage, Mirror, etc.
Diving Indonesia, etc having the right safety equipment is important.

All suggestions welcome.
:confused:

I use and sell glue on pockets for your suit. There are also pockets that slide on to the waist belt. Made by several mfgs. I just got in some by XS Scuba that I am going to try with one of my sidemount rigs. Dive rite makes one with a loop.that goes over the waist strap and has an elastic band that goes around your thigh.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I like the IST diver's "holster." It holds a lot and easy to adjust, and doesn't add too much additional buoyancy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dive rite makes one with a loop.that goes over the waist strap and has an elastic band that goes around your thigh.

Used that one for the last few years. I like it. Some folks say it slides on the thigh, but I have not had that problem.

If money was no option, then these: Irikonji Dive Shorts

I prefer the pocket on the front of my thigh, not the side like some seem to put them...

Aside from pockets, there are places to clip things so they aren't in the way. I clip my DSMB to the butt ring of my crotch strap. Shears can be strapped to webbing, mirror goes in a pocket sewn to the back of my glove, whistle is zip tied to my inflator hose. I have the dive rite pocket that attaches to the waist strap, and the new version has a non-skid friction pad that keeps the thing from moving around. Works quite well.

No wet suit, just a dive skin, must look into the Zeagle pocket or equivalent. No gloves so no pocket there.
Currently I clip off scissors in a holster and SMB to left hand ring, octo is on right hand ring.
I keep the shoulder ring free for the camera. Looking to put a wet lens, possibly a personal rescue beacon somewhere safe.
Thanks for all the good ideas, the more the merrier.

I could never get the DR Pocket on the waist to stay put, so I cut the the traps and glued it to my wetsuit!

2 sliders and a small section of webbing (sometimes, just some sliders)....

The Irikonji Dive Shorts are a good option, we see those on the boat nearly every day. Also, if you are not diving in a wetsuit your shorts should already have a pocket or two. Also think about streamlining your gear and do away with uni-taskers. A small SMB can double as a lift back and can be bungeed to your backplate. Will a super shiny knife blade double as a mirror? do you really need a mirror? I know the industry likes to sell a lot of stuff but I'm a minimalist, can a tool I already have do the same job? Do I really need this extra piece of gear to carry halfway around the world? Only you can answer that question for yourself, but do stay safe out there.

Back
Top Bottom