No Pool Session #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dotyj

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all:

No pool session #3 for me this weekend. I showed up early at my LDS (As usual).

My instructor showed up right on time but told me she'd forgotten to call me to stop me from showing up. The reason? She's pregnant! Wow! I felt that was great so I wasn't horribly disappointed.

No more diving until after the baby is born. But no dive for me this weekend. My third pool session will be a week from Sunday. Hell it's only eight days.

So no stinkin' long story for you to read through this weekend.

Hi UP:

Sounds like at least for this coming Sunday I'll be training with my instructor's husband. I understand he's very good and is the person I talked to when I decided to take up scuba diving.

He provided all my training material, and gave me all my written tests and supervised my swimming and treading water tests.

I don't know who I'll get after next weekend though.

The husband is the instructor who I'm supposed to have my OW sessions with. Seems like a nice, level headed guy.

I'm happy the two instructors are having a baby. This will be their second one AFAIK.

Things will work out and a one week delay isn't going to hurt me none. Though at this rate I'll have to chop a hole in the ice to dive through for my OW dives. :)

Though I'm happy for my instructors, I would have liked a phone call so I wouldn't have wasted a trip to the LDS.

I expect so. :O

The water and the air will be cold though. I think I'm going insane. I wanna dive but I wanna be warm. I'm sure the drysuit will work great for staying warm, but the boat ride? BBRRRR....

Maybe if I wait until February for my OW dives I'll see some frozen fish sticks?

But it's one of the happiest reasons I've heard for cancelling. And James, I've enjoyed your "long stinkin stories", so keep 'em coming, and stay warm!

Yeah, I'm happy for my instructor. That was great news.

Hell it only set me back a week. I can live with that. I'm not in a hurry and want to get as much pool time as is needed to bring my skills up to where they need to be, try equipment until I find what works best for me, and get my damned weight right so I quit ending up on my back at the bottom of the pool.

DaveO once bubbled...
But it's one of the happiest reasons I've heard for cancelling. And James, I've enjoyed your "long stinkin stories", so keep 'em coming, and stay warm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom