No redundant gas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr:
Actually I will tell you a scary story. About 9 years ago I was diving downstream cow and I was back to the sign and I saw some feet hanging down from the ceiling. When I got closer two guys were swimming in the overhead,and were putting their snorkel in the air pockets from previous divers. They had put chemical sticks in each air pocket to light them up,and they were traveling from pocket to pocket into the cave. This deserved a Darwinian award for the Farm Animal Stupid act of the year.

Wow, crazy.

OneBrightGator:
real tech divers don't listen to techno... esp. bad techno.

Yeah, the most dangerous thing about that video.......... the music. If I'm diving and I hear that song I WILL DROWNED MYSELF:11:

As from what I learned this past weekend in my Intro class, there have been 563 deaths from 1960 in Florida Caves. So far this year we have had 0 deaths with about 11 days left. I'm sure everyone reading these post would agree lets try to keep it at 0 deaths. I also learned out of 563 deaths, only one death was of a person who was diving within their training and skill level.

So as to this video, I definelty would not be going around posting it on the internet. As far as Blue Grotto, technically it should not be an OW site, but there needs to be some overhead environments that are easy enough for OW to do so that they can acquire an interest for overhead diving. I was an OW diver first time i went to Blue Grotto, and it definetly interested me in overhead diving, and as to my knowledge there have not been any major accidents there. No for them going past the grim reaper sign, yea, my .02 they shouldnt have done it, but there are no scuba police unfortunately

I've got a personal rule that I have lived by for 2000 dives, (deep, mix, under the ice, and cave diving, as well as openwater):
If I'm diving solo beyond 60', (my personal comfort level for making a free ascent), I carry a redundant gas supply.
If I'm diving beyond 100', (it doesn't matter how many other divers are long), I carry a redundant gas supply.

eandiver:
Just because you wear the equipment doesn't make you a cavern/cave diver.

The one diver with the hanging/dragging reel and reg is the only one who could remotely be considered a cavern diver and even that is a long shot.

NOW YOU TELL ME!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
Dang...
Another dream shot to heck...

Jeano Beano

P.S. I didn't find the video on myspace so I will have to take everyone's word of what they saw...

karstdvr:
Actually I will tell you a scary story. About 9 years ago I was diving downstream cow and I was back to the sign and I saw some feet hanging down from the ceiling. When I got closer two guys were swimming in the overhead,and were putting their snorkel in the air pockets from previous divers. They had put chemical sticks in each air pocket to light them up,and they were traveling from pocket to pocket into the cave. This deserved a Darwinian award for the Farm Animal Stupid act of the year.
Were these guys SCUBA diving, or just free-diving from air-pocket to air-pocket deep into the cave?
:rofl3:

Jasonmh:
My favorite is the person deliberately patting the silt with their hand.. why go out of your way to stir it up?
The "living on a prayer" music does seem apropriate though.

Oh ya , that's really smart!!!
Let me at em , I'll show em a SILT-OUT !!!

Da Bean

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom