No respons from Zeagle office to enquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have representatives of all the vendors on here.

I bought a Flathead 6 and a Envoy octo from Zeagle. Being a new diver, I had a bunch of questions that I asked my LDS and occasionally to Zeagle. Jim Fox of Zeagle answered them promptly and thoroughly.

Everyone has a bad day now and then. It sounds like this was just one of those times.

And no, I'm not the company spokesman.

I've been very pleased with Mr. Fox's responses. The only problem I've had is at the LDS, couldn't be helped actually, the owner had a serious health event occur and a Ranger repair was held up being returned for a bit. All worked out now.

Sincerely,

Bill

berty:
I bought a Flathead 6 and a Envoy octo from Zeagle. Being a new diver, I had a bunch of questions that I asked my LDS and occasionally to Zeagle. Jim Fox of Zeagle answered them promptly and thoroughly.

Everyone has a bad day now and then. It sounds like this was just one of those times.

And no, I'm not the company spokesman.

Well you left me with two questions, First I didn't know this was going to be a twenty year old BC, where it was a Ranger and said it was only used for about 5 hours of bottom time, this didn't suddenly get me thinking this thing is real old.The used part was no problem to me because I was planning on having it serviced before I used it anyway. Second, I wasn't to concerned to much about these things before I bought the BC because I really didn't know to much about BC's at the time or any other diving gear for that matter because at the time I bought this I hadn't even started my diving course ( I'm still not finished with it yet).Between you and Jim I found out it is a Beta and that I should go on the Zeagle site to find my model BC (Didn't quiet help me a whole lot) But I doubt you have information on items dating back that far anyway.But anyway I didn't start all this for arguments and what not, I was only looking for answers to a couple questions (Which I still didn't get).So with that I will leave this topic as finished on my end.Again thanks for the reply when you did get back,have a great day and may all your dives be safe.Oh and to reply to your two cents worth there JBD....Ah never mind, it wasn't worth the text to begin with.

Hey: I thjink that is the cooliest thing getting in touch with and getting a response from Zeagle. As you stated Scott somerimes it just takes the right "?.com" to get to the correct place to answer the question that has been asked but in this case it seems as though someone was looking at a very real question and didn't do thier job by passing it down the line to the correct person or department to help these people out. It seems as it might be time to hold a meeting and jack them up and make them understand that ignoring someone while just kill your sales in the future.

Once again, when I needed a replacement part for my Zeagle BC, my LDS gave me the run around about ordering them. After following this thread I contacted Scott (from Zeagle) directly. Not only did he respond VERY quickly he had the part shipped to my house in less than a week. Free of charge. This is the second time I've had to contact Zeagle for parts and they've come through everytime. You absolutely cannot beat this type of customer service. It's too bad some of us have go as far as contacting the manufacturer to get the service our LDS should be providing.

Shhhhhh....don't tell everyone, Titletown!!! :wink:

I really don't mind helping you guys out with a small item that it probably isn't worth the LDS time to mess with. (2 piece screw fasteners are a great example)

In your case, Titletown, I took pity on you, as your Packers seem to be in about as bad of shape as my beloved Bucs!!! :D

Being a Bucs season ticket holder for many years, I used to look forward to the Sapp vs Favre battles each year!!! Classic football, imho. My Bucs on Madden '05 are doing MUCH better than the real Bucs, fwiw.

Seriously, thanks to all of you for the kind words. I realize that we can't please all of the people all of the time, but we do the best we can....

Scott

Well again my $.02 Team Zeagle Rocks!! I went to the Zeaglplex in '02 to toss around some ideas for military applications. Team Zeagle was great to us. I brought down my 20 some odd year old RANGER (an Ebay buy hey $75 is a good deal hey) to use as a model for the Mods we wanted. Well after they were done laughing and offering to take it off my hands and put it in the glass case in the entry to the factory with the rest of the antiques, we got a tour of the factory. as I was constantly having to contol my drooling I may have missed 1/2 the main factory. Then we went to the reg section OHA, what a great time by some really great guys. then we went to the think tank. They pointed me in the right direction and I ended up getting a new RANGER with an Octo+. That is all I dive. It will hold my 86# twin 80's (single manifold)tac board, lights, rope (for recovery and SW rescue) and M4 Ya the gator grip weapon holder so simple but so perfect for the M4. In 5 minutes switch to my 23# Dreager LAR5, and a waterproofed Rucksack on the back. for those that don't know the Dreager is worn on front. At any rate It was great, I PCS'd before the final verdict came out on the gear, But it is testimony that these guy are great when they will invite Pete, Shane, and Adam down to throw some ideas around to better the performance and protection of some US Army Combat Divers. BTW Scott did you ever get the pics we made with the RANGER / LAR5 set up? Mine is on my profile. :ph34r:
Pete

Rottweiler:
Your techs by any chance are not in India are they?
That's a funny question, considering Mares is not a North American company.

You should've seen the runaround I got from Mares when trying to get info on local dealers in general and the Morphos Twin in particular. They practically denied it exists (apparently the Twin is not for the North American market -- for reasons they never could adequately explain). :icorolley I eventually bought an Oceanic.

Anyway, the funny thing is that being in the IT business I've always thought software had a long support lifecycle. 20+ years for a BC? After reading that I think maybe I should've bought a Ranger... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom