No solo diving in overhead environment - lost in space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update, Lynne. Don't know why it needed moderation, but I hadn't looked at it in a while, either.

Sorry, I don't recall how I got to the page for reporting the fault.

Markmud, I suspect that it was something that happened before you posted your comments.

Hey Foxfish,

Oh yeah, it was purely coincidental. The timing was interesting, I thought anyways.

markm

Still waiting for a response. How long do these things normally take? I didn't think there was anything needing that much deliberation.

I'm not sure what the issue was, but the thread was pulled to the back for review by the moderators. This will make a thread appear to disappear, because it hasn't yet been locked or deleted. It will be reviewed, and the issue dealt with, and the thread either restored or deleted. Have patience.

That's a little disappointing. I don't honestly recall anyone getting uncivil or saying anything that would be a ToS violation. Might not agree with all the positions being taken, but that's what makes discussion possible.

Hopefully someone will bother explaining why the thread got pulled. It's difficult to stay within rules that appear to be arbitrarily assigned and enforced.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Agreed, I thought it was a good discussion. There was no need to pull it. It was in the correct forum and did not advocate unsafe practices. What it did and was doing is illuminate the differing philosophies and allow for good discussion as to why or why not some of those were not optimal. Nothing uncivil or attacking. It was a good thread. No need for moderation. If any is done it should be specifically stated as to why and what was done.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The thread is reapproved and open for comment. By way of explanation for the delay, the person who reported it was concerned that it may violate SB TOS of advocating unsafe dive practices and it took a while for enough moderators to weigh in. Carry on! Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Thanks MMM. It obviously caused some concern. Are you able to give some idea of the areas that caused the problem so we can be more aware of this in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom