No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick note...reports from venice yesterday were 10 ft viz @service club. The water is warming to upper 60's and should break 70 this weekend.

Yea, it was a bit of a surprise after 20 years. Took me a bit to realize she was right.

I hope to be a bit more active in diving now. Still have the custody schedule to work around but the kids are one thing we both prioritize on and on my days off I'm not compromising with a non-diver anymore.:wink:

I remember you at the one camp out and how focused you were on your kids and the need to be The Dad. I always admired that about you..
BTW.. marshmallow guns are now part of the MegaDive. Thanks.:D:D:D:crafty:
/off topic

I remember you at the one camp out and how focused you were on your kids and the need to be The Dad. I always admired that about you..
BTW.. marshmallow guns are now part of the MegaDive. Thanks.:D:D:D:crafty:
/off topic

LOL! I'm not sure everybody appreciated the marshmallows in their gear, but it was fun! The dogs liked them anyway. I have to dig that old designup and make some more. So I'm still trying to get Joey interested in getting cert'd but so far no luck. Hermit Crab still interested and active? Katie loves it - she's a serious www though - no diving till 75 degrees! BTW, did I tell you all she won state in girls wrestling this year (her senior year)? She was the first 2x state champion at her high school (including the boys wrestling). I was going to tell Colin, but I haven't seen him around on the board much.

Cool beans on Katie. congrats, you sound like a proud papa!!
Understand the www thing. So is Hermit Crab! She's been certified almost two years and would LOVE to dive with other kids. Maybe we can get the girls to dive in Venice this summer...

The marshmallow guns were such a hit, literally and figuratively that we have had to institute rules at the MegaDive for NO marshmallow fights near the tents. And you can just imagine the mess of drinking and a marshmallow gun fight around the camp fire...sticky stuff in places you didn't know could get sticky! LOL

I'm not a big thread starter but since you can't comment, reply or make requests on the dive conditions thread how about a thread just for doing that? It's just a thought and maybe since the forum is so small the chat thread may be just as good.

Anyways..........I was out today at peak high tide (2:00 PMish) in both Stump and Placida passes and the water was crystal clear. Placida was clear a good way into the harbor but in Stump you could see the tide line in the bay (which was pea soup) so it had just cleared up. It made me wonder if Venice cleared up at all.

Were any of you guys out up Venice way today around 2:00 PM? TIA

Edited to add....the water was a mite chilly. :)

we were but fishing instead of diving , water was pretty clear in Jettys on way in because of high tide we felt like even I commented on its clarity. Thurs vis was like 8-10 feet but improving weekly. were you diving or fishing ? King Mackeral starting to show but few more weeks I think... Steve was out there today as well so maybe he can chime in with a vis report as well ...

I'm not a big thread starter but since you can't comment, reply or make requests on the dive conditions thread how about a thread just for doing that? It's just a thought and maybe since the forum is so small the chat thread may be just as good.

Anyways..........I was out today at peak high tide (2:00 PMish) in both Stump and Placida passes and the water was crystal clear. Placida was clear a good way into the harbor but in Stump you could see the tide line in the bay (which was pea soup) so it had just cleared up. It made me wonder if Venice cleared up at all.

Were any of you guys out up Venice way today around 2:00 PM? TIA

Edited to add....the water was a mite chilly. :)

I was just trying to get the boat back in shape after it having sat for three months. I was mostly just looking around and running some of the old gas out of it. It did pretty good considering. I may give it a try tomorrow but we are also considering a lazy snorkel trip to the trestle. Thanks for the response.

Hey has anyone been down off any of the Venice beaches this week (preferable Wed/Th)? I'm thinking of driving down again with my daughter but if the conditions are bad figured we'd do something else together. I see surf and wind forecast is looking not too good for today and Saturday, but wanted to see if anyone had some firsthand experience. Looks like the tide predictions would make for some decent late morning dives if the wind were cooperating.

So, any first/second hand reports?

Thanks,
Steve

Yes Walter I ment May......thanks once again for correcting, since it seems the only time you bother posting is to correct others. It must be nice to never make a mistake! By the way, your post is off topic and will be delete at my convienence!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom