No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, what the heck, I'll say it. You found one post worth moving and three posts worth deleting. That sounds fair to me. :)

OK, we just got in (tried to beat the crowd) and I have a feeling we should have gone to Venice today. About half way up Manasota Key it was crystal clear and it wasn't even near high tide. I'm interested in how it was up there today. If it wasn't about as clear as it gets, then I just don't "get it".

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day and found some neat stuff..

You as well thegulfer! Everyone be safe and see you back here soon!!! Sea ya

OK, we just got in (tried to beat the crowd) and I have a feeling we should have gone to Venice today. About half way up Manasota Key it was crystal clear and it wasn't even near high tide. I'm interested in how it was up there today. If it wasn't about as clear as it gets, then I just don't "get it".

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day and found some neat stuff..

I'm not sure what has been going on in Venice, but the few dives I've had there in the last couple of weeks and the reports from other divers have not been good. There has been a thick layer of suspended silt that appears to get worse the closer to the Venice jetties you go. Vizibility reports from S. Brohard have been about 5 ft, 2-4 ft @ Sharky's, 2 ft @ Service Club and <2ft @ Alhambra. This silt layer seems to start at about 15 FSW and range from 2 ft thick @ S. Brohard to 6-8 ft thick @ Alhambra. I'm not sure how far offshore it is but reports of 4 ft or less viz have been coming in from the boneyard in the past week.

Just got a tattoo so diving is out for a couple weeks. I figured as soon as he hit my skin with the needle that winds would shift to the East, visibility would clear up top to bottom, and seas would go to glass. I was surprised to see Jamie's post that the surf was up yesterday.

I was looking back at some of my logs from the last couple of years and this seems to have been the season for prime diving conditions. Wonder what is up and what the next few years will bring?

Thanks for getting that tattoo.. maybe the weather will be awesome next weekend!:wink:

Thanks for the dive reports everyone!!!!!! Maybe one of these days I will get a chance to dive and give a report on my own!!!:wink:

Sucks that they took away the [Thanks] button.
So just know that even though we're not allowed to reply with "Thankyou" on the dive conditions thread. I really appreciate all of your dive reports, especially the ZERO viz ones. 100 miles is a long way to drive just to check on the conditions.

Sucks that they took away the [Thanks] button.
So just know that even though we're not allowed to reply with "Thankyou" on the dive conditions thread. I really appreciate all of your dive reports, especially the ZERO viz ones. 100 miles is a long way to drive just to check on the conditions.

Thanks Reef_Haven. I too appreciate the reports. Don't know why they got rid of the thanks button :idk: but I'll keep posting conditions when I see them & I hope others will continue as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom