Nobody likes Rebreather divers! Tech place of the world the Keys.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLRRHOBO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just came back from the Florida Keys.. The place of tech divers past. I found it was very hard to get a trip. I can name the dive shops I will no longer visit and spend my money in but its better to name the shops that saved my trip for other rebreather divers out their!

Rebreather friendly, Captains Corner in Key West thanks Leslie, Horizon Divers thanks , and Ocean Divers thanks Lou, in Key Largo..:)

There are probably a few more than that out there that will support rebreather divers. As I don't generally charter but usually rent a boat, I'm not sure who are good facilities. Maybe other people can post the good facilities that will support a CCR diver doing tech dives.

You didn't call me, I have rental cylinders, boosted O2 and trimix, and sorb. You didn't call Finz diving, they have rental cylinders, boosted O2 and trimix and sorb. Capt Gary at Conch republic has boosted O2 and trimix, sorb, and rental Inspo/Evolutions as well as training. He did have a couple of Mk VI's, I don't know if he still does. Scuba Do is very rebreather friendly, they have staff on Mk VI's most dives. Most of us need a little heads up especially if you want a strange mix. Most of my tech divers are happy with the banked 10/50 that I always have on hand. I always have oxygen too. Problem is, I'm not always here, but if I'm not here, Finz will use my system to keep you going.

Frank is correct we have sorb, O2 boosted, helium, bottles, bailouts, 2 Evolutions and 3 Mk VI's. We do instruction on the Evolution and the Mk VI as well.
We also do double dips for our techie friends who want to do extended range diving. We like all other shops set those up in advance.

What's really neat is we can do a discover CCR where we take you to the pool first then out for two dives off the boat. So if you've ever thought about doing a CCR and just want to try it, this is the perfect opportunity.

Good Diving,

Last edited:
Frank is correct we have sorb, O2 boosted, helium, bottles, bailouts, 2 Evolutions and 3 Mk VI's. We do instruction on the Evolution and the Mk VI as well. What's really neat is we can do a discover CCR on the Mk VI where we take you to the pool first then out for two dives off the boat. So if you've ever thought about doing a CCR and just want to try it, this is the perfect opportunity.

Good Diving,

Wow. That's a cool deal!

Garth

I'll +1 for Horizon Diver's for people who do not make it ALL the way down to KW. Dan runs a great group of people and we have used his classroom also. Their boats will sit on a wreck and let us RB divers run a long dive as the OW/OC divers get a couple dives and SIT.

I just came back from the Florida Keys.. The place of tech divers past. I found it was very hard to get a trip. I can name the dive shops I will no longer visit and spend my money in but its better to name the shops that saved my trip for other rebreather divers out their!

Rebreather friendly, Captains Corner in Key West thanks Leslie, Horizon Divers thanks , and Ocean Divers thanks Lou, in Key Largo..:)

And therein lies the trouble with NOT naming names and relying instead on innuendo... you have successfully painted all operations other than those you named as unfriendly to rebreathers... which totally destroys your credibility 'cos I know it ain't so.

And therein lies the trouble with NOT naming names and relying instead on innuendo... you have successfully painted all operations other than those you named as unfriendly to rebreathers... which totally destroys your credibility 'cos I know it ain't so.

Yes, and those that don't welcome rebreathers (that I know of, Quiescence and Dive Key West, to name 2) have never welcomed rebreathers, make no bones about the status of rebreathers in their shop, and with a single phone call or an ounce of pre-planning, anyone would know this.

Why would anyone go where they're not welcome?

Captain Gary, that "Discover CCR" experience sounds like a blast! If we are ever in your area diving, I'll be sure to look you guys up. I've gotten to play with CCRs a few times, but never actually got to do a "dive" with one.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom