Nomad ?'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to ditch the whole BP thing. It seems like a huge benefit of sidemounting is the flexibility you gain by not having that rigid piece on your back.

What I want, is I want to use the Razor Harness with the Nomad wing and butt plate.

Frankly I don't care for the Transpac or the Transplate. There is just way too much crap on them. That is my personal feeling and I'm not imposing my views on those of you who use the Transpac or Transplate. Personally I started off in the Transplate and switched to a Hog harness and love it.

I'm not going to give up on this one:)

the razor harness is almost as simple as you get. it was not designed to attached to a wing. for bouyancy ( forgive my bad spelling) control, users use their drysuits and an improvised bc which is a large camel back. here are some accounts of people doing cold water sidemount with the razor harness

Deep-Sea Sherpa Friday, April 17, 2009 – First cold water sidemount dives

cold water training with the razor harness - Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource

cold water training part 2 - Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource

A setup like that will probably work fine in open water,but most sidemounters would avoid a rigid backplate anywhere that gets tight.Too much chance of getting keyholed.

I'm not a cave diver just open water, I wanted to try sidemount without spending any money. I spent about $3 for quick links at my local hardware store, found some bungie straps in my garage and I had the cam straps that I use on my independent doubles rigs already. The thing I liked the best was carrying the tanks to the end of my dock and then donning my drysuit and harness and walking into the water and putting my fins on with no tanks on my back, but the tanks in my arm pits may take some getting use to. The next time I try it I'm going to use a eye bolt to fasten the bungies in the back instead of using the two plate sandwitch. I found I can use two sex screws to secure the top of the trec wing (with tabs it has sewn into it) to the top outside holes in the plate. And the quick links attached from the bottom of the wing to my back waist d-rings keeps the bottom of the wing nice and tight to my body. I like that so much that I left them on, they would work perfect with a single back mounted tank also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom