Non Cave Diver looking for good spring to Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought the guy was gonna embolize
I was shoving a reg in her face but she just looked at me with big crazy eyes and bolted for the surface

Yeah, when we got to the surface, I talked to her to calm her. When she said she had no air, I checked her valve and found it to be almost totally closed. Enough to barely breathe at the surface and get nada at depth.

forgot to mention that their lights were like .5 watt lights. She was flashing hers trying to signal her buddies and they weren't seeing them at all. just another piece of the puzzle. gear is important as well as training in any overhead.

Last edited:
Since me and the step son are new divers we will stay out of cave/cavers. We will just put around the bottom taking pics and doing skill practice. I did read about how Ginnie was safe for open water divers until I looked at some video of the cavern. I said to self, self I said some areas in the video seem pretty tight and I think some training would be in order first. So we will chill at the bottom and suck bubbles.

Back on topic, you can pick up a copy of Dive Guide to Underwater Florida, by Ned DeLoach. We literally just got back from there, and this book was excellent in terms of finding places to dive. As we are overhead trained, I won't offer suggestions as to cavern dives, but the Sante Fe river was an enjoyable drift dive, and we even found some shark and alligator teeth. Ginnie and Blue Grotto are limited in the fun you can have without going inside, but there are numerous sinks mentioned in that book where you will enjoy yourself. In case you missed my other thread too, check out Cave Excursions for your gas and equipment needs. They have a shop next door to Ginnie, as well as another in Mayo, near Troy and a bunch of other springs. Have fun, stay safe.

- H3LlIoN

Ned DeLoach's book has some good starting points for spring adventures, especially for OW divers!

Speaking of back on topic (well not really, but to the guy that replied with the turtle pic)... turtles! Somebody else that likes to chase turtles! I'm like a dog chasing a car sometimes!

med_IMG_1428.JPG

med_IMG_1132.jpg

med_IMG_0874.JPG

med_IMG_0738.JPG

And my favorite turtle pic... this was at Becton Spring, I was picking up trash obviously, and turtle was a bonus... look at all that silt I was stirring up!
med_IMG_1501.jpg

med_IMG_1488.jpg

I just returned from a dive trip to northern Fl. I think a dive you may enjoy is a drift dive on the rainbow river. Very easy, some nice stuff to see, and i think max depth was only like 25 feet or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom