Non-existent EU support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem with Brexit is it's not finished. We're half-way done, but there's so much else to do. Alas our politics in the UK are on a par with the fractured US politics. Actually worse than that as the UK appears to be rudderless in a storm.

Appreciate that's a political point. However, it is damn frustrating that there's a substatial wall been put up between the EU and the UK which is bad for both sides. Examples are some Polish suppliers who simply won't export to the UK -- but will export to the US one assumes. Some time in the future these issues will be addressed and improve, but not for a while.

@MightyDuck I would recommend that you send an email to Shearwater and pose the question to them. If anyone has a definitive answer for you, it would be Shearwater.

I’ve “met” the Narked@90 guys before Brexit, they did a good job, I was pretty satisfied with them a few years back.

And of course finding a new vendor is hard, but not only the Brexit agreement was ratified 2 years ago, the transition period almost ended more than 1 year ago, this is quite a long time…

And yes, I’ve asked Shearwater, they said officially don’t know anything yet, but I’ve heard different gossips from 3 different reseller, so I was curious if anybody had any information and/or similar problem which has been resolved somehow. (My teric is not under warranty, so I’m interested in any solution.)

The most sad part that I’m otherwise satisfied with the product, but this support just makes warranty (and non-warranty) customer service a joke. :(

Curious why there would be a customs issue when you’re not selling something and just sending it for a repair?

Curious why there would be a customs issue when you’re not selling something and just sending it for a repair?
Asmikar has the correct answer for that: with anything more then about 50 USD you has to do the custom paperwork (both way) to ensure you are not paying customs (for both way).
The logistics companies (all, from DHL to fedex-TNT) declared in 2018 that they are not provide any service with customs like this, so there is no easy way with this. :/

The most usefull service was to just travel to the UK, bring the computer on the wrist and do that again when it’s repaired. It’s sounded like total crazyness, but the saddest thing that it’s almost the most viable…

Or just sell my Teric alltogether, and find a replacement brand with actual support. :/

Can’t blame Shearwater for Boris, Brussels, and COVID.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom