Non-existent EU support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see your problem if you want to take your computer for service, but what's wrong with sending it for service....and if you're going to send it do you really care where in the world it goes?

If you want to always take your computer for service which one would you buy that would allow that?

I can see your problem if you want to take your computer for service, but what's wrong with sending it for service....and if you're going to send it do you really care where in the world it goes?

If you want to always take your computer for service which one would you buy that would allow that?
Same thing. You still need to do customs declaration, depending on value.

Iā€™d like to be able to help you but even in Ireland itā€™s not easy to get stuff from Britain, if ā€˜twas Northern Ireland like wibble said no problem, Can you send it to a friend in Britain to get it serviced for you, send it as a present (second hand).

Canā€™t blame Shearwater for Boris, Brussels, and COVID.
I donā€™t want to go into the reasons of Brexit, itā€™s not the place for it.
But there is not a lof of company that couldnā€™t managed to provide at least one service center in the whole EU.

For example there are companies with great customer support who are operating only a small office as takeover point in the EU and handling the transport to (and from) the non-EU service center, the process is seamless to the customer, so he/she is happy with it, and it takes only a small effort and money.

Take a look at the choice of languages for alternate translations and you might see where Shearwater wants to focus their efforts on.

I see English (with Canadian flag), Japanese, Korean, Thai, and both traditional (ROC) and simplified (PROC) Chinese.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom