North Coast Dive/Camp Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I cancelled the April camping trip, some of us still went up for the day/weekend. It ended up being BEAUTIFUL! I went with Brian and gang to the Ab Opener at Fort Ross, and it was a very nice time. No wind to speak of, and the sun was nice and warm. We had abalone and everyone brought a dish to share. One gentleman brought some of his wine, and it was interesting to try the different ethnic dishes as well. I'm looking forward to the May 8th trip. It is Mother's Day weekend, but if are interested, please let me know.

Did you post a report anywhere about the conditions/diving this past weekend? I worked in Bodega Bay and It was howling for the most part, with a small break on Sunday.

Does anyone locally hold free dive safety clinics or skill building sessions? I'd be interested in doing something outside the realm of dive shop type events. It would be cool to get some tips or techniques from some experienced local divers. I should add that I'm more interested in general skills and nature viewing than hunting or ab diving.

Steve

Last edited:
Did you post a report anywhere about the conditions/diving this past weekend? I worked in Bodega Bay and It was howling for the most part, with a small break on Sunday.

Does anyone locally hold free dive safety clinics or skill building sessions? I'd be interested in doing something outside the realm of dive shop type events. It would be cool to get some tips or techniques from some experienced local divers. I should add that I'm more interested in general skills and nature viewing than hunting or ab diving.

Steve

Contact Drew Rapaport. You can leave a message for him through Bamboo Reef in Rohnert Park. I know that he teaches freediving and ab diving techniques locally.

Tessa, I'm bummed I won't be able to make the May trip either! I moved my Reef Check re-cert to that weekend, not thinking about it being the campout weekend or Mother's day. :depressed: I still haven't told my kids that I'll be gone for Mother's day. :shocked2:

Steve
Yes, the weather was beautiful. No wind to speak of and very nice.

Tessa, I'm bummed I won't be able to make the May trip either! I moved my Reef Check re-cert to that weekend, not thinking about it being the campout weekend or Mother's day. :depressed: I still haven't told my kids that I'll be gone for Mother's day. :shocked2:
Michelle, no problem. I know it is a holiday weekend, and tough to get away. Good luck on the class, and Happy (early) Mother's Day.

Okay, so this is the plan. I will be leaving as early as possible on Friday, May 8th. My campsite # is 20. I will be using the parking spot, so additional parking is available in the overflow area at Stillwater Campground. My sonnyboy (Michael) and at least 3 other ab divers will be there. Michael's mommy's day present for me; bringing mom an ab back for dinner! What a good boy! :blinking:

There are a few scuba divers, myself included. The campsites only hold 4 tents, so if you have already responded to me that you would be joining our group; you have a spot. If not, there are sites available at this point, or there were...as of yesterday. We usually have a community potluck; everyone brings something to share on Saturday night. We sit around the campfire, sip on whatever we choose to drink, and enjoy the company and beautiful surroundings. S'Mores are a must!

Side note: There isn't a place to fill tanks close by, so if you plan on scuba diving, please bring your tanks filled. The closest place for a fill is about 45 minute drive in Bodega Bay.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom