North Shore Viz? Anybody been in the last few days? (7/2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to decide if I should make the trek up Rockport tomorrow for some shore diving (maybe OGB). I think it's been blowing east most of the week and it looked kicked up down here (SS), so I was just wondering if anyone had been in the water the last few days?

Thanks!

Probably a little late to help you today, but I've just spoken to divers at Front Beach and Old Garden Beach who report vis to be around 10-15' this morning. Water temp was mid-50's, they said.

Winds today have been light and from the southwest, but 2-3' east swells were still making it surgy, the divers said.

I think that bright glowing orb peeking through the cloud cover is a good omen, but I'm waiting until next week for more of a sign.... :)

Dave C

Ended up doing some pond diving instead (didn't feel like dealing with the surg).

I'll probably be up at Mag Rock on Wed with my B-I-L. First beach dive of the season, but we've been out with Fran 6-7 times already. Last week he took us to the Salvages and there were bugs everywhere, but they were mean barstids. I have a six inch black and blue on my left underarm where a 4 pound bug I had in my catch bag reached up with his pincher claw and grabbed me but good while I was trying to coax his bigger brother out from under a rock. I'm surprised Fran didn't hear my shout on the surface. Oh well, payback is a biatch and I gave him to my Dad who evened the score.

Not for nuttin' but Fran has a secret hidey hole he took us to last Sunday for a three tank day. My wife and I each took home a gallon ziplock filled up to bursting with scallops and 4 bugs. Matt spent the whole ride home shucking his little heart out. If you don't mind drift diving in a roaring current with 3 feet of vis you WILL bag up.

PTN

Also a little late, but diving Lane's on Sat. it was nasty till about 20' where there was a heck of a thermocline. Under that there was about 25' viz and the water was still and 54 degrees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom