Trip Report North Sulawesi Trip Report Part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up getting another test in Dubai airport as I had 7 hour layover. It costed me $50 then. The nurse barely swabbed the tip of my nose trill too.
Surprised that the penetration was low, on the land side of the airport you can almost feel the swab coming through your eye (slightly exaggerated 🤣 )

Perhaps they wanted to make sure you were negative :wink:

Surprised that the penetration was low, on the land side of the airport you can almost feel the swab coming through your eye (slightly exaggerated 🤣 )

Perhaps they wanted to make sure you were negative :wink:
HK requires the RT-PCR test must be conducted at ISO-15189 accredited lab. Therefore the test result must be accompanied with the accredited cert!!!
Even then infected persons are still being picked up at our airport regularly.

Thanks for detail reply! That’s good to know.

The cost is very reasonable. Rp.100,000 is about $7. That’s how much Antigen Self Test kit cost here in USA. Although the test kit comes with 2 tests. Actually we can get 8 Antigen test kits for free from US postal service, but the self-proctored ones are more expensive ($69 from Antigen Testing Services – Get Tested Now).

On my way home from Phuket last February, my flight left at just over midnight, so I missed the 1 day before requirement. I ended up getting another test in Dubai airport as I had 7 hour layover. It costed me $50 then. The nurse barely swabbed the tip of my nose trill too.

You’re welcome. :) I am surprised they even let you check in and get on the flight to get to Dubai to do it! I’m glad it worked out.
To which you replied "I had a f****n great time.

Darn. Why didn’t I think of that? Brilliant!

You’re welcome. :) I am surprised they even let you check in and get on the flight to get to Dubai to do it! I’m glad it worked out.
Emirates checkin counter agent just said that my Antigen test result was over one day old as the flight departure time is at 12:30 AM on the next day. She typed something on her computer and gave me a boarding pass with a note to get another test while in Dubai.

Wish it were actually. :(
I am currently in SG and tried yesterday evening to find some before taking off to Phils today.
Watson's, None. Guardian, None. Big supermarket in Katong, None.
If I'm going to a mosquito infested area, I would use what we used while in the army.

On the mossie front - liveaboard is the answer. Never seen one.

Lembeh first trip was almost eaten alive just getting to my room. Worst I have ever seen. Bottles of repellant in the room! Other trips to other locations in Lembeh they were minimal. Could be seasonal, could be location - not sure.

Papua Paradise - land based in RA - no mossies at all. Other interesting creatures wandering the room and forest floor.

Did a NCO's course in northern Alberta in the army reserve a very long time ago. Mossies up there in the spring are just slightly smaller than helicopter gunships. Spent the night out on the ground, one of the guys in the patrol ended up in hospital, reacted to the bites, anything exposed - hands and head were swollen up like balloons. Ever since that course I have been immune to bites. Don't touch them and they are gone in 10 min. NOT immune to dengue or malaria so I strongly prefer to avoid getting bitten!

Good news for vaccinated folks…no more departure PCRs anymore to get in.

The Indonesian COVID-19 task force spokesperson Wiku Adisasmito confirmed that the removal of the mandatory COVID-19 PCR and antigen tests for foreign and domestic travelers takes effect starting today, Wednesday, May 18.

Welcome to the Sahaung club.
We're not that many but it's the most elitist club : other divers who do not belong don't know what they're missing.
Oh good old Sahaung!! Man it has been way too long since I partook of that spectacular dive site! So colourful, so diverse....just beautiful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom