NorthEast Scuba Supply - No Refunds.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well personally I will never buy from them again. Specially when you are buying things from the Internet you dont get to try the things and actually have a feel for the item you are purchasing. So a good return policy is of high importance to me. My Wing/BP has never been wet in fact I tried to return it the day after I received it.

It was after I realized I couldn't return it that I mounted the wing to the backplate and fix the harness they rigged incorrectly. (the D-ring was faxing the body).

One extremely good example is Crutchfield.com Which IMHO is the one of the best company to purchase things from. They have AN EXCELLENT PRE and POST customer service. I have the best experience buying from them and they willl treat you like royalty. True things are more expensive than other internet stores, but it's well worth to pay the extra money for customer service.

Hmm another example is American Express. Which is the only reason why I use/pay with Amex, because of their Customer Service. (By the way their Cust Service has gone down in the last few years.)

Anyways, I am not trying to trash the company I just believe people should be aware of their return policy. My dumb head assume they would take returns. As I mentioned before the pre-sale service was good and their shipment was extremely fast. But once they take your money..Byyyyyeee Byyeee

Why don't you trade your venture wing for another wing that they sell, like Oxycheq, OMS or other diverite wings.

Most companies don't provide cash refunds just store exchanges so, I don't see what the fuss is all about.

SangP

BikerManiac:
FYI: NorthEast Scuba Supply return policy is Store Credit or Exchange for another item only. They do not provide refunds.

Anyhow a new DR Venture Wing will go on sale soon and that's extra money I could have used to buy ... more scuba gear.

Uhh, here's a kooky idea:

Instead of selling the wing and using the money to buy more gear - while trashing the shop for your oversight - why not RETURN the wing for store credit that you can use to BUY MORE GEAR!

Call me crazy, I know you will!

:)

My perspective as both a manufacturer and retailer:

Returns of any sort are very expensive.

There is an administrate burden:

Communicating with the buyer who is requesting a return.

Tracking and receiving the goods.

Verifying the returned goods are the ones promised to be returned.

Testing and inspecting the returned goods to verify they can be returned to stock and resold. (who wants to be the second buyer of an untested wing?)

Making sure the correct customer is credited the correct amount.

Preparing and issuing the credit memo.

What if I've sold buyer "A" the last item currently in stock, and have turned other buyers away, only to have that item returned days or weeks later?

Who should pay these costs? Should they be spread over all buyers, the vast majority never return anything, or should they be born by the few who do?

I understand that purchases made via the internet do not allow for "hands on" before the sale, that's why I encourage people to ask as many questions as they like before they buy.

Manufacturers and retailers have many responsibilities, to offer fit goods, to perform as agreed, and to provide a high level of service. Buyers need to shop responsibly, research before they buy, be an informed buyer. This helps keep costs down for everybody.

Regards,

Tobin

cool_hardware52:

Testing and inspecting the returned goods to verify they can be returned to stock and resold. (who wants to be the second buyer of an untested wing?)

What if I've sold buyer "A" the last item currently in stock, and have turned other buyers away, only to have that item returned days or weeks later?

Who should pay these costs? Should they be spread over all buyers, the vast majority never return anything, or should they be born by the few who do?

I understand that purchases made via the internet do not allow for "hands on" before the sale, that's why I encourage people to ask as many questions as they like before they buy.

Manufacturers and retailers have many responsibilities, to offer fit goods, to perform as agreed, and to provide a high level of service. Buyers need to shop responsibly, research before they buy, be an informed buyer. This helps keep costs down for everybody.

Regards,

Tobin

"Amen to: Buyers need to shop responsibly, research before they buy, be an informed buyer."

cool_hardware52:

Regards,

Tobin

The big difference is that you are a merchant I respect who does his utmost to communicate with the client, backs up his products and delivers in a timely manner.

Integrity is everything in a business which is word of mouth. On another note I have given some of your products as gifts to my techie friends. :)

It's good business on the Scuba Board for Vendors to support, and even defend other Vendors. Dive shops won't say anything bad about another shop. But the fact remains, N.E. will bill you for something they don't have in stock, and then ignor your communications with them. Then, when you contact your bank/credit card company to dispute the charges, they suddenly contact you regarding the issue. They get all defensive, with stories that "maybe the package is late or got lost". Yea right. Show shipping documents or tracking information and I'll accept that. If a shop does not have something in stock, they should tell you this, and ask if you would like to wait. I will NEVER again order from N.E.

Everyone is correct, no doubt about it. N E is a good place to get stuff, no doubt about it. Ok if you email wanting to get info on where is and how long, you can post your findings and then now they are on internet trial. Call them we all know who he is ( if you shop here) he makes sure its clear when you talk to him. There could be an employee mistake possible, yet I always get what I order at a good price.

Is it that bad that N E sells stuff they do not have in stock (note! everyone does this for the most part) if he makes a profit and stays in business, then it is working.

If you need it now, call and place your order, they will do what it takes to get it to you, plus they will call you and keep you informed.

That is my experience with N E and I am very happy for more than a decade.

They are crooks. No other way to say it.

Maybe I have been lucky. I have purchased a number of items from Northeast and have always been satisfied with the outcome. On the one and only occasion that I ordered something that was not in stock at the moment, they called me, BEFORE processing the order or charging my credit card, and told me what they could deliver as a substitute, and let me decide if I wanted it.
They are crooks. No other way to say it.
Hmm. Actually, one other way to say it is, 'They are NOT crooks.'

There are quite a few retail stores that have adopted a 'store credit' policy instread of a refund. Tobin said it very well - there is a cost and administrative buden associated with returns. Particularly when you order something online, do your homework in advance. If a product isn't defective, and the reason for the return is simply a change of heart after you click on the 'Purchase' icon, the vendor's compromise position of 'store credit' is not at all unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom