NorthEast Scuba Supply - No Refunds.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FYI: NorthEast Scuba Supply return policy is Store Credit or Exchange for another item only. They do not provide refunds. This is something I found today after buying a BP/Wing Package from them.

Their service is pretty good. In fact, pre-sales services was excellent. It's post-sale service which I feel is lacking. I guess is my fault, I should have asked if they accepted returns before purchasing from them.

Anyhow a new DR Venture Wing will go on sale soon and that's extra money I could have used to buy ... more scuba gear.

Well, they do disclose that on their website.

Thus is my fault and I gotta pay for it. Guuuuaaaaa!!.

Lesson 1: Never Assume company will provide refunds. I should have learned this a long time ago when I bought stuff at Radio Shack.

Someone throw me a rock.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BikerManiac:
FYI: NorthEast Scuba Supply return policy is Store Credit or Exchange for another item only. They do not provide refunds. This is something I found today after buying a BP/Wing Package from them.

Their service is pretty good. In fact, pre-sales services was excellent. Is post-sale service which I feel is lacking. I guess is my fault, I should have asked if they accepted returns before purchasing from them.

Anyhow a new DR Venture Wing will go on sale soon and that's extra money I could have used to buy ... more scuba gear.

Post sales is quite lacking with NE. I've had issues with them and no longer use their services. They are more than happy to sell stuff which isn't in inventory. A lot of people like them, a lot do not. X

Personally I don't know why any LDS would not want to make sure the customer is happy with his purchase. But I understand the policy in some ocassions, like if the item sold is a "special order item".

An unhappy customer can cause a shop a lot of negative publicity, regardless of their policy.

(At the same time I don't think that customers should take advantage of shops either. An example of this is a customer buys something, uses it and then has no concerns about returning it used when there was nothing wrong with it. )

Yep, besides return-for-credit shouldn't be an issue with us, the fanatics. Hell, it probably would save everyone time if my check was direct deposited into my LDS's bank account instead of my own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom