Norway A Underwater Paradise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! great video. I'll have to add Norway to my list!
You should. The quality of the sites varies quite a bit, though. The best ones - like Saltstraumen¹ - are world class, the dullest ones aren't that much better than a quarry dive.

Slightly amusing story:
We had a Brit joining our club. We took him for a check-out dive at our training site, which is one of the least exciting sites around here. "Here" is in a fjord, and as a general rule coastal sites are a lot better than those in the fjords. When we surfaced, he told us it was one of his best dives. After some more chat, where we wondered what kind of sites he had dived before moving here, we learned that out most of his dives had been in quarries :)

¹ Don't dive there without a solid briefing from the locals, though. Saltstraumen is one of the strongest tidal currents in the world (up to 20 knots), and you should dive it at slack and know about locations to avoid.

WOW! Beautiful video! I agree definitely need to put Norway on the bucket list of places to dive. Hell, even just places to visit for that matter. Maybe someday.
Thank you! It definitely deserves a place on the bucket list, luckily for us we live Sweden so we can just go there by car. It's a big world but I hope that you get there someday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom