Nose poker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about that old movie Captian Ron where Kurt russle is tapeing bricks to the kids feet.:shocked2::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::no::no:

I love the tells of that twenty five foot cat fish that ate six divers when thay were diving near the dam.:rofl3::rofl3::shocked2:

I hear that all the time. "When they were repairing the locks at the dam, the divers said they would never go back in. The fish were big enough to swallow them whole! Aren't you afraid?" I tell 'em naw, that's why I carry a special underwater Tazer. Some people are so gullible. :eyebrow:

I tell 'em naw, that's why I carry a special underwater Tazer. Some people are so gullible. :eyebrow:

:lol:

There I was, taking my first artic dive. We were in Antartica, and the water was 15 below . . .

why is it that every where you dive ,you always run into that one person who absoutly knows every thing about diving, been here done that, but seems to have truble assembling their own gear?????? :idk::idk:

I always just take what they say at face value, nod and smile and so on. They are doing it because they are insecure. To make them feel stupid about the stuff they are saying, or the fact that they can't assemble their gear, would be sticking a knife in to a person who already doesn't feel that great about themselves.

I used to call people on stuff like this but now I figure, it's not hurting me, so I'll just let them do what makes them feel better.

:confused::confused:Had a guy tell once thay used a water hose about twenty foot long for a snorkle.:no::no:

LOL, I tried that once when I was younger (and hadn't started scuba diving yet) to go get a pair of glasses my mom dropped off of our houseboat. My dad had some hose on the boat he used with his pressure washer so I grabbed it and jumped in. Boy oh boy was that a scary ordeal.

Let me just be the one to tell you. It don't work! :dork:

We lived about a 1/2 mile from an abandoned flooded rock quarry. Spent many a summer swimming there when I was kid. Friends and I came up with the bright idea to grab a large rock and jump in to get to the bottom (30') in this one section. That was a rush and a quick ride down, but the swim to the surface was tough. :hm: Once we began dropping the rocks at the bottom the swim up was a breeze.

I always just take what they say at face value, nod and smile and so on. They are doing it because they are insecure. To make them feel stupid about the stuff they are saying, or the fact that they can't assemble their gear, would be sticking a knife in to a person who already doesn't feel that great about themselves.

I used to call people on stuff like this but now I figure, it's not hurting me, so I'll just let them do what makes them feel better.

I smile, nod, and casually mention that their reg is hooked up backwards.

:confused::confused:Had a guy tell once thay used a water hose about twenty foot long for a snorkle.:no::no:

If he could do it while I watched, I'd give him $20 and call him "Sir". 20' would require some huge lungs and powerful muscles.

Terry

Never Mind.

Last edited:
'course, when you have someone telling you a line of BS, you need to look for that twinkle in their eye or the slight smile . . . It might be my brother!

He loves a great yarn, and likes to see how far he can pull your leg. He'll swear on a stack of Bibles that he pulled mine from Orlando all way back to Texas!! :rofl3:

C'mon, who has a good tall tale?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom