Not a good Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may seem like the boat is sinking but you'll find the plug and get it back in.

Been there. Several years ago (prior administration) we all resigned to get the point across. We sent in letters but none of us changed anything. Had there been a callout we would have gone.

It did get the departments attention and things changed. Sometimes that's just what it takes.

Gary D.

What about post-incident debriefings? Does your group/unit have anything like that?

I was doing my ambulance time for my First Responder course, and we had to respond to a call where a man had picked up his four kids from his estranged wife, and then later that night, shot each of them, one by one. It fell to us to collect the bodies. It messed a lot of people up, mentally. Counseling was made available for those that wanted it. Two of the crew quit, that night. One paramedic and one EMT.

Wow, sounds like you guys are being hit hard.

One thing I'd suggest is keeping touch with the folks who have left. Not in trying to get them back on th eteam though that'd be great. But just to let them know you're there for them. If they've been in things that long they will probably be feeling a much stronger sense of loss if they lose touch with the team.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

leam

Greg,
My team is having similar issues with guys bailing, but due to the replacement of a much beloved team leader. I was on the verge of hanging up my gear also, but decided to try to stick it out. It's improving, slowly, but improving none the less. We just got a FNG on board, so most of the attention has been bringing him up to speed. Hang in there, it'll be tough, but nothing worth it is easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom