Not a pleasant morning here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's really calmed down here now, a little gusty but nothing really - been like that for the last 90 minutes or so

It's really calmed down here now, a little gusty but nothing really - been like that for the last 90 minutes or so

Has it passed or are you just in the eye?

Wind has died down, but waves have certainly changed. As I thought might happen, we have switched to big onshore rollers out of the west right now in north zone. Certainly not hurricane like , but would ruin your day if you were snorkeling or trying to pull a boat into a pier up here (not many piers up here ). I see waves splashing into the neighboring condos pool every now and then (Wall is probably 8 feet above sea level).

If I tried to go snorkeling now I would drown in 2 minutes

EDIT: I actually can see the car ferry in the distance that seems headed for town . Not sure if they are just repositioning or carrying paying clients (which would be odd with curfew in effect )

Actually the car ferries usually "sleep" at the downtown international pier on Sundays.

Dave Dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom