not certified...yet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twoDivers

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

My fiance and I have just signed up for classes, and they start next weekend, 28th of sept. I am so excited I can hardly stand waiting any longer, my fiance on the other hand doesn't know what to think about the diving thing. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Mike

Welcome to the board twoDivers. Good luck on your OW and have fun.:)

Welcome to the board - and welcome (soon) to the rest of the world.

It's a strange and wonderful place, full of new people, places and a ton of adventure and excitement. Take your time, learn well and always remember to have fun.

As far as your sweetie and her concerns go, remember those old kindergarten rules: hold hands, look both ways and cross the street together. It's better that way.

Steven

Hi twodivers! Welcome to the scuba-board from the soon to be frozen waters of Michigan. Good luck to both of you on your OW classes!!
:snorkel:

to the boards, a very diverse and imformative bunch here.

I just got recertified after many years of non-diving. I'm about as excited as I can get about all the potential for fun, learning and experiancing new sights.

Take your time and learn well, it will serve you well.

You will have so much fun diving!!
Be safe!!:)

You're going to have so much fun once you get the hang of it. It's almost a month since I last dove and it's driving me crazy! :upset:

Why is your Fiance un-easy about the idea? I was extremely nervous, but now I absolutely adore it!!!

Thanks for the kind welcome from everyone.

I think she is mainly getting certified because I asked her to do this with me, and because I told her I would like to go diving during our honeymoon. I think she likes the idea of diving in warm crystal clear water, but she is not too sure about cold or less than great visibility because she is a little claustrophobic.

Hope you find this board as interesting, and at times amusing, as I do. Wish I had found it about 2 years earlier!

Just relax, and learn and you'll both be fine. Remind fiance this is yet another tie to bind you together, a mutal and shared interest. IMO it is much more fun w/ a spouse or partner. My husband did our certs together, studied and buddied together (I know some LDS frown on this). That helped improve my level of comfort.

And just think - no need to wonder what to buy for Christmas or birthday gifts for the next few years - get GEAR! Or instead of a gift to the bride come the wedding, buy her a regulator!

Back
Top Bottom